Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to find a complete wiring diagram for my 06 LJ so i can track down the correct wires to get these new gauges installed right the first time. any info would be a great help.

·
Knows a couple things...
48,837 Posts
i need to find a complete wiring diagram for my 06 LJ so i can track down the correct wires to get these new gauges installed right the first time. any info would be a great help.
What do you mean by "digital"? The TJ's analog-display gauges are driven by digital circuitry.

If you mean you are going to convert the analog gauges with moving pointers to numerical output, just numbers, let me assure you that you will soon HATE the all numerical display. HATE!

Aircraft and spacecraft were the first to try numerical displays that replaced analog displays with pointers and graphical displays. The pilots and astronauts revolted and all agreed that numerical displays are much harder and slower to interpret than analog displays. Now most modern aircraft/spacecraft instruments are of course driven digitally but their displays are analog.

Cars tried digital displays like for the speedometer, tach, oil pressure, etc. and that lasted all of a year or so before they learned such displays are too difficult to interpret at a glance.

Pointers at mid-scale mean everything is fine so a quick glance is all that is needed. But numbers? They have to be interpreted and thought about. Which is why such displays largely and quickly disappeared.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts