Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right now i have a 2011 rubicon a year into my lease. it has 4.10 gear ratio, 2 door and is completely stock. it is my daily driver, ~35 miles a day. i do want to do some occasional off road on some beginner and medium trails around the nyc area (pine barrens), figure 90% roads, 10% off road.

i do love my rubicon and know it is top of the line completely stock with off road capabilities. but i want to customize it more for aesthetic appearance than off road performance, but will still occasionally go off road. id like to lift it and put 35s or 37s on it.

my lease is up in december 2014. i can buy my fully loaded rubicon for 20000 at the end of my lease.

should i wait and buy a 2014 wrangler sport with no add ons and the 3.21 gear ratio and customize it to my liking

or should i keep my rubicon?

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Thats still a good ways out, alot can change in that kind of time. I would plan to keep it myself, but I would still keep the option open as the time actually gets closer.

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
ask yourself this, what were your total payments then add the 20K..... is your jeep worth it? If your dead set on buying it out do it sooner rather than later. A newer jeep may offer something better or or a complete redesign.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
in all likelihood the 2017 re-design will be on lots in august 2016. you can't make the decision this far off.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
2017? Have any infor or links about this?
there are only rumors now, but the wrangler has always been on a 10 year platform. 8 speed auto is definite for 2014. re-design is probable for 2017.

·
Registered
372 Posts
my lease is up in december 2014. i can buy my fully loaded rubicon for 20000 at the end of my lease.

should i wait and buy a 2014 wrangler sport with no add ons and the 3.21 gear ratio and customize it to my liking

or should i keep my rubicon?
If your lease-end price ($20G) is more that the residual value of the Jeep in 12/2014, then NEGOTIATE with the bank/leaseholder for a lower price or give it back! They will take it to public auction and sell it. If you know where it might go to auction in your area, you could watch for it and usually buy it cheaper. Banks do stupid things sometimes....and leases are one area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts