Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for the illumination wire on, preferably the HVAC, or radio with tips on removing the same. Needed for OTRATTW switches.

·
Registered
799 Posts
The wire is orange for HVAC and Radio that c0omes from the dimmed. Ok first you want to pull the defroster plate off on the top of your dash (it just snaps upwards) once that is remove there is 2 screws that hold the console on.....remove those screws and then just pull it forward/downward and it will slip right off with a little force.....Once that is done, remove your glove compartment door and reach back behind the head unit to a bolt that connects the radio to the ground. then theres 4 bolts on the radio front and remove the antena. Sounds like alot of work but it should take you maybe 10 minutes....You will also have to remove a plug off the back of the head unit.

·
Yipeee Kay Ayyy
2,839 Posts
I've tapped into the lighting circuit by disconnecting the lighting plug at the back of the HVAC control.
Pushed my bare accessory wire into the plug and reconnected the plug to the back of the HVAC.
The plug had to be pushed back on with some authority (with the extra wire end in there), but saves splicing wires.

I've done this for my ARB compressor switch and it works a treat.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like making good solid connections that look good(even though they are not seen I know what they look like lol). Every diagram I've found has been different.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts