Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2014 jkur has a single ding a few seconds after the normal startup dings. This just started happening a few days ago. No mods I'm aware of that would have caused it. No indicator light is shown and from what I can tell all the lights work. Tried the key diagnostic and no codes were shown. Any ideas? Trying to solve this without having to leave my jeep at the dealer.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought the indicator only came on when it was time to change? I never wait for that though. I'm still 2000 miles away from a change, I change mine every 5000. Will check the levels to make sure it looks okay.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Just an idea. If the percentage of remaining life is low that might be your ding. If you track your mileage yourself, reset the indicator and see if it goes away. Just remember to reset it again when you change the oil to get it back on track.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine doesn't have a percentage indicator, just a light that comes on. But I'll try that, I didn't reset it last time I changed the oil.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the idea, did the trick for what would reset the oil indicator and the ding seems to be gone. Weird that it didn't display anything. Guess I'll just do the reset whenever I change the oil.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts