Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would oil come out of the dipstick tube while driving it if the dipstick was not on all the way? There was/is oil all over the passenger side of the engine and I was coming out while I was driving it so I went to advance got some degreaser and went to a car wash to power washing the oil and degreaser off and now I cant see where the oil is coming from it wont do it while its running but I don't think it will make a difference if its being driven or running would it? helppp :surrender: and there's no back pressure on it because I checked the air filter and nothing and all the vacuum lines are sucking good.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright thanks cause it ain't spittin it out now and its been running for the past 30 min plus.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Check the CCV hose and elbow (the hose on the top of the valve cover running to the air box), it needs to have the suction from the air intake to suck out the crank case fumes. If its plugged or not hook up correctly the air pressure can push oil out of the dipstick.

I have seen this happen many times.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Check the CCV hose and elbow (the hose on the top of the valve cover running to the air box), it needs to have the suction from the air intake to suck out the crank case fumes. If its plugged or not hook up correctly the air pressure can push oil out of the dipstick.

I have seen this happen many times.
x2

·
Registered
59 Posts
If it were my I would replace them, the elbow and hose are only a few bucks each at most auto stores, other then that I am not sure... If its not always doing it then I would just keep and eye on it.

On my Jeeps its one of the first things I do, I learned the hard way with my first XJ.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If it were my I would replace them, the elbow and hose are only a few bucks each at most auto stores, other then that I am not sure... If its not always doing it then I would just keep and eye on it.

On my Jeeps its one of the first things I do, I learned the hard way with my first XJ.
Alright thanks a lot for the input will take into advice!! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts