Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
No matter what i do to my fenders, i can't seem to get rid of the dirt on my fenders. It looks good when I wash it but as soon as it dries out it goes back to being dull and dusty and just looking dirty.
I have tried many products. I scrubbed the fenders couple of times and have used Turtle Wax Trim Restorer and Mothers Back to Black with no luck. It temporary gets rid of the problem but as soon as the wax dries, the marks reappear.
I ordered 303 Aerospace Protectant, last night. I'm hoping it would solve my problem but do you guys have any tips for a product that actually works? I guess these marks are deep and scrubbing doesn't seem to get them out.
Changing fenders is on my list of mods but I don't have the money to do it now.

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
For what it's worth, I have noticed a similar problem with my fenders. Lodged in dirt that resists removal, even with scrubbing. I'd be interested if there was a solution.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Mine look like that after wheeling hard. I wash them real good and use the 303 Aerospace. They look great until it rains / gets muddy again.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
That 303 is magic juice. It got caked in mud off of my top with no problem at all. That stuff was years old and came out like it was fresh.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Mine look like that too after a while, most of the time I can clean it up by hitting it hard, and I mean hard, with a power washer and it'll turn back to the original color until it gets dirty again.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
That 303 is magic juice. It got caked in mud off of my top with no problem at all. That stuff was years old and came out like it was fresh.
This. The good news is your fenders are perfectly normal and similar to many of us, the other good news is 303 is indeed magic juice. The bad news is you're going to need a lot of it because they will continue to get dirty. If you have a Rubi, your rock rails are similar in retaining dirt marks.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
let me add that it was my SOFT top. The mud was so caked into the fabric I thought it was a lost cause.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I linex'd mine and love them. Dirt and craps comes right off. Love how they look.

Attachments

·
Registered
591 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Ah yes and the clay type mud is the worst. Never comes off. I have some back to black seems to work pretty well. I have recently cut my fenders pretty thin so its never visually that much of an issue anymore

·
Registered
553 Posts
my fenders are a constant dirty dusty faded black color. no matter what product I use it works for a bit then goes back to the faded black plastic color. I have given up on them and just deal with it being faded until I can afford some Tube fenders to replace them all

·
Registered
24 Posts
Auto detailer here: for these kinds of "stains" I would suggest using a diluted degreaser (maybe 1:8 ratio) and a medium stiffness brush. Any "purple" all purpose degreaser should work just fine. Spray on the fender and scrub away, and it should come off. Top off with some 303 or petroleum based protectant and you're good to go. Should be safe enough on the soft top as well but thats your call.

Cheers
Ken

·
Registered
98 Posts
I am experiencing the same problem. It looks horrible and is quite annoying. I have taken it to a detailer but they used something that didn't work.

I should add that we have a lot of salt here which may be making it worse and harder to get off.

Glad to know I am not the only one having this issue.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Ours looked like that after the first rain, it is quite annoying on a brand new vehicle. However, I've owned Jeeps for 20 years and surprisingly they haven't figured out how to fix this. Those linex'd flares look great.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Simple green (any all purpose cleaner will probably work) and a bristle brush to scrub them. After that I follow up with a car wash and aerospace 303. That will fix your problem

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
I'm telling all of you, if you have not tried 303, do it. I tried everything else to no avail. Back in Black, Simple Greem, scrub brush, etc. nothing worked until I bought some 303. It is magic juice for the black fenders, honestly.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts