Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a set of Dirty Life Race Line bead locks, I haven’t had a chance to go rock crawling with them yet, they have been on my Jeep for about 1 to 2 months when it rains the wheels hold water in the rim by the bead lock ring, every time this happens the aluminum finish on the wheels stain and will not remove no matter how hard I try to polish it out. I also took the Jeep to the beach one day and one of the wheels got a little wet from the salt water and now it looks like it’s 10 years old. Now I understand that bead locks are made for rock crawling which I haven’t had a chance to do with my Jeep yet because I’m still waiting to get all my skid plates and I realize that the rings will get scratches and gashed but there is always the option to buy new rings if needed. The reason why I’m mentioning this is because some of us like to keep their Jeeps looking good after a long day on the trails, although I like to have fun with it I still want it to look good. I contacted Dirty life by email and got no response so I contacted Morris 4x4 where I purchased the wheels and explained the situation to them, they contacted Dirty Life and there response was they do not warranty the rims from rock salt, they said nothing about the water stains from the rain. So I guess after the first snow storm all the wheels will look like They are 20 years old instead of 20 weeks old. There should be a protective finish on the aluminum to avoid this, I own a set of aluminum wheels on my BMW that cost me half as much as I paid for the Dirty Life wheels and I’ve owned them for over 6 years in the salt and snow and after a wash they still look brand new. Does anyone have the same wheels and is having the same issue or is it just my set? I wonder if somehow this set never got a finish coat on the aluminum to protect them from even rain water or maybe this is just how they make them, Anyway I figured I let anyone who’s thinking about buying these rims for their Jeep what to except! See the attached pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Take them out and beat on them. enough scratches, they all blend in.
Not the POINT,
If there gonna make a product and charge good money for them they shouldn’t look like SHIT after sitting in your driveway for a few weeks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts