Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So bought some aftermarket headlights w/day running halos. Here's my issue. With the JK the freaking headlights come on automatically no matter what setting you have it on, once the vehicle is out into gear. I currently have it on automatic, but because my front windshield is fully tinted I believe it may be causing the sensor on the dash to think it's just dark enough causing the headlights to stay on during the freaking day :rant: Is there anyway to disable them so I manually have to turn on/off the headlights? I've disconnected the sensor at the dash location but that didn't work, probably thinks it's dark all the time lol, smh.... bottom line is I would like my halos on by themselves during the day as intended..

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Wait, you have your windshield tinted? Sorry to stick on that...I want to live where you do if that's legal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
i think a flashcal can program the daytime running lights.

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
you can in FL w dr note

Freaking Florida. Okay. It may be here as well with MD note (no clue), but wouldn't be worth the constant harassment from DPS. Those dudes have a hard on for window tint. Back to your scheduled programming.

Headlights. The auto headlights on my jeep have options. Off, on, automatic...

Then regarding DRL, flashcal does a great job of customizing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
79 Posts
So bought some aftermarket headlights w/day running halos. Here's my issue. With the JK the freaking headlights come on automatically no matter what setting you have it on, once the vehicle is out into gear. I currently have it on automatic, but because my front windshield is fully tinted I believe it may be causing the sensor on the dash to think it's just dark enough causing the headlights to stay on during the freaking day :rant: Is there anyway to disable them so I manually have to turn on/off the headlights? I've disconnected the sensor at the dash location but that didn't work, probably thinks it's dark all the time lol, smh.... bottom line is I would like my halos on by themselves during the day as intended..
You have to disable your DRL (Daytime Running Lights) using a Flashcal programmer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone I'll attempt to locate someone local with a Flashcal Programmer.. And no it's not legal here in MO to run full tint, helps when your a police officer tho haha ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone I'll attempt to locate someone local with a Flashcal Programmer.. And no it's not legal here in MO to run full tint, helps when your a police officer tho haha ;)
i'm guessing tho that you can't use someone else's Flashcal because it will be programmed to that specific jeep :banghead:
Think the dealer could/would do it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts