Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to buy a Jeep JKU soon (like this weekend). I am looking at the dealers around my area and JUST cannot find a jeep with the features and colors I want.. I am not being very pickey I don't think.

The closest thing I found was a Sahara true blue with navi and the works.. but I hate those chrome 6 spoke wheels... Which means I will need to replace them at some point which is more money.

I want a sport S (with a lift and 33's), or a rubicon (stock). I want the Cherry Red, Deep Blue. All the other colors are not my thing.. I kinda liked the Dozer but then I found out it was green and not Yellow (I am a little color blind). ..

I would do Silver but that is not being sold any longer.. I would do Mango Tango but same thing.

I wold do Billet but that is not sold YET.. I don't think.

I am just frustrated... Christler really screwed the pooch on the 2013 colors.

·
Registered
6,147 Posts
If it's just the wheels you don't like, as mentioned, I'm sure they would swap them for you. However, if you're going to replace them anyway, why bother.

Sounds like you're ready for a custom order. Either that, or widen your search. If you find one further away, they would probably deal with you over the phone.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
So, you're looking for a Sport S or a Rubi in Cherry Red, True Blue or Billet and the closest you can find is a Sahara?

Yeah, expand your search...and yeah, Billet is available.

·
Registered
312 Posts
The other thing you could do is ask yourself if you really REALLY need the options you are looking for.

The JK I bought back in July had been sitting around for awhile. It had been dealer traded twice and possibly 3 times in the course of the year. It was a bare bones Jeep that needed a home and it found one with me. No power door locks, no power windows, no key fob remote, basic radio (my only mistake!) and a soft top.

BUT, She had the hardware I wanted! Limited Slip Diff, 3.73 gears, Sport S package, That's it. For me that was just enough to make me happy. It is the Dark Cherry Metallic which hadn't made my Radar. But it is a very very nice color and accents the Jeep well.

It's NOT a Daily Driver for me so I could make some concessions on the option list or add things later. I am glad I bought it because it's taught me that I DON'T need all the bells and whistles.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Billet has been available since August 8th or 9th. It opened up right after Commando Green did...which was August 7th. There are plenty of people driving around in their Billet Jeeps right now.

Sounds like you need to custom order.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I am going to buy a Jeep JKU soon (like this weekend). I am looking at the dealers around my area and JUST cannot find a jeep with the features and colors I want.. I am not being very pickey I don't think.

The closest thing I found was a Sahara true blue with navi and the works.. but I hate those chrome 6 spoke wheels... Which means I will need to replace them at some point which is more money.

I want a sport S (with a lift and 33's), or a rubicon (stock). I want the Cherry Red, Deep Blue. All the other colors are not my thing.. I kinda liked the Dozer but then I found out it was green and not Yellow (I am a little color blind). ..

I would do Silver but that is not being sold any longer.. I would do Mango Tango but same thing.

Dozer is indeed yellow and not green.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Talk to the dealer. When I bought mine, the dealer searched the surrounding states, found one in Nevada and went and collected it and bought it back for me. If you tell them what you want they will do everything they can to help you get it. That was my experience anyway.
Good luck it's worth the hassle and the wait.

·
Registered
177 Posts
With all the colors and options, there are thousands of permutations....it's near impossible to find exactly what you want locally. Custom order one or do a dealer search.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I drove 2.5 hours to get what I wanted, don't be afraid to drive a little to get what you want.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts

Dozer is not green. It's more of a yellow-orange. Some people say like caterpillar equipment, but I think it reminds me of a school bus. It's not a bright yellow like Detonator was. I think 2014 is supposed to get that. However, Dozer is no longer available to order, so you would need to find one on the lot with the specifications you're looking for.

Billet is available for order, and you should start seeing them on the lot soon. If you have time to wait, I would suggest ordering the vehicle that you want. Cost doesn't go up, and you get to dictate the features you want to pay for.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
I think Dozer is the color of hot nacho cheese...the stuff that comes out of a pump that you get at ball parks and such.

It changes in the light from yellow orange....orange-yellow...if that makes sense. I like it. Then again.....I like nacho cheese.....to the point where I'd buy the big industrial size cans of it and I'd put it on everything.

·
Registered
209 Posts
i have also been looking. there are not many base models in my area the ones i have found they wont do a dealer trade with my dealer and ive not had a chance to go look and try yo trade. im looking for a jku in billet with 3.73's auto limited slip and a hard top. ive been searching for about 6 weeks wish i had just orderd one.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
There were only three options on my Jeep that I considered non-negotiable: the color (black), the tranny (manual), and the 430N stereo/nav. Nevertheless, my dealer couldn't find one in the Midwest that met my needs...except for a couple of instances where there were so many other extras that I was unwilling to consider them.

So I had em build me one. Dealer got it's sale; I got the Jeep I wanted, with no compromises. Everybody happy. :)

Still amazes me, though, how few manuals seem to be on dealer lots.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Have you tried looking on JEEP.com ?

go to - SHOPPING TOOLS - at the top
then go to - SEARCH NEW INVENTORY

the rest is straight forward and should show whats available near you

Do you NEED to buy from your local dealer?

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
My son is also color blind. He can see blues and reds very well and thus blue is his fav color. He also says he can see that my Gecko is a bright green. So maybe a Billet or True blue or perhaps a Gecko for you. Like others are saying you need to search dealer inventory on Jeeps site.Im sure there is one out there like you want and probably not too far away from you. I was suprised at how many Jeep dealers there were close to me that I didnt know about.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hun, if you're in central MD you've got 101 dealers' lots to search through....
Even with that though, we're not sure what your full option list is, but if it includes a manual, find a salesperson you like and go have them order you one 'cuz chances are you're not going to find exactly what you want on a lot (doesn't hurt to have them look though).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts