Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be my first of what I'm sure will be many really dumb noob questions:

I've been reading the threads about making a DIY quick-disconnect for a JK with no lift. I've read about different ways of securing the links and sway bar while disconnected. What would be wrong with just disconnecting one link top and bottom and leaving the other side connected? Won't the sway bar just pivot with the connected link with no effect?

·
The Bad Guy
23,299 Posts
Removing the link completely requires two wrenches for the top because there is an inside nut as well, IIRC they are also 2 different sizes. It's a major pain in the butt.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Removing the link completely requires two wrenches for the top because there is an inside nut as well, IIRC they are also 2 different sizes. It's a major pain in the butt.
Thanks, Tom.
Yup. 18mm outside, 19mm inside and you're right again - it was a pain.
While I'm fabricating something do you think it's okay to leave the driver's side fully connected while the passenger side is removed?

·
Registered
485 Posts
The disconnected side of the bar will move up and down with the connected side. As long as the link is removed completely, it should be fine, but not as safe on the highway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.