Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oops. I think I posted this in the wrong forum earlier:

This might be my first of what I'm sure will be many really dumb noob questions:

I've been reading the threads about making a DIY quick-disconnect for a JK with no lift. I've read about different ways of securing the links and sway bar while disconnected. What would be wrong with just disconnecting one link top and bottom and leaving the other side connected? Won't the sway bar just pivot with the connected link with no effect?

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
Oops. I think I posted this in the wrong forum earlier:

This might be my first of what I'm sure will be many really dumb noob questions:

I've been reading the threads about making a DIY quick-disconnect for a JK with no lift. I've read about different ways of securing the links and sway bar while disconnected. What would be wrong with just disconnecting one link top and bottom and leaving the other side connected? Won't the sway bar just pivot with the connected link with no effect?
You don't want that sway bar swinging up and down like that. When you disconnect both sides the bar stays in on position. I also think that the side that stays connected is still vulnerable to damage during extreme articulation.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You don't want that sway bar swinging up and down like that. When you disconnect both sides the bar stays in on position. I also think that the side that stays connected is still vulnerable to damage during extreme articulation.
Thanks for the advise.
I know there are a zillion posts/pictures out there on DIY disconnects, but I'll post some pics when I'm done. I'll do both sides - it's really nothing more than making a pin. El Cheapo.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Thanks for the advise.
I know there are a zillion posts/pictures out there on DIY disconnects, but I'll post some pics when I'm done. I'll do both sides - it's really nothing more than making a pin. El Cheapo.
Why reinvent the wheel? JKS quick disconnects are very easy to use and cheap insurance IMHO. my TJ has had them for over 12 years and I only had to replace the bushings once, recently.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts