Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been discussed before, but I'm willing to try to see if resetting my EVIC after 800 miles will change my 12 JKUS auto shift points. Right now mine seems to frequently feel slushy at around 1600 rpm and I'm not entirely certain that hasn't been my style of driving during break-in or my obsession over fuel economy over that same stretch (yes I've changed my default display to temp and compass to stop obsessing over mpg)

A couple of questions for those that have reset their EVIC via a 30-min battery disconnect:

Is 30 minutes sufficient? How do you know when EVIC battery backup is drained?

Does the radio (430n in my case) get locked out upon reconnecting, requiring a code?

What all else would one need to reconfigure upon reconnecting battery? Personal settings set in EVIC I'm assuming....

Thanks

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
433 Posts

·
..shall not be infringed!
4,666 Posts
Hmm... Will this reset any programs you have put on the ECU such as an AEV Procal or a Superchips Flashpaq?

Apparently so. Everything back to factory settings. I imagine that firmware flashes would not be affected, but others here may actually know what happens....

·
Registered
312 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:popcorn: x2. Wondering what else it will reset if anyone here has done it

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks UpHillBill that helps

Does anyone here know if my radio will lock out as a result
On my '12 I had my battery disconnected for about 24 hours and also removed some dash components including the radio (430n). After reassembly the radio asked for a 4 digit unlock code. I was surprised I couldn't find much information anywhere on the web for this behavior on a Mygig radio in any Chrysler product. Jeep customer service told me to contact my dealer and eventually a parts associate made some calls and figured how to get the unlock code for me. He said this was new for 2012, although that seems odd since I don't think the Mygig units changed right at the model year cutoff. This seemed to be the first time anybody in service or parts at the dealer had encountered this, though.

I couldn't say if this would happen with a brief battery disconnect, but thought this would be helpful since I found little reference to this anywhere. The dealer needed my VIN and the 430n serial number, which it displayed on the unlock screen when I turned on the Jeep.

Mark

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
markoware said:
On my '12 I had my battery disconnected for about 24 hours and also removed some dash components including the radio (430n). After reassembly the radio asked for a 4 digit unlock code. I was surprised I couldn't find much information anywhere on the web for this behavior on a Mygig radio in any Chrysler product. Jeep customer service told me to contact my dealer and eventually a parts associate made some calls and figured how to get the unlock code for me. He said this was new for 2012, although that seems odd since I don't think the Mygig units changed right at the model year cutoff. This seemed to be the first time anybody in service or parts at the dealer had encountered this, though.

I couldn't say if this would happen with a brief battery disconnect, but thought this would be helpful since I found little reference to this anywhere. The dealer needed my VIN and the 430n serial number, which it displayed on the unlock screen when I turned on the Jeep.

Mark
Thanks Mark. My G35 manual had the unlock code for the radio but my 12 JKU does not. For now I'm holding off on this and doing some more research. I don't know if SiriusXM would be an issue either in terms of activation

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks Mark. My G35 manual had the unlock code for the radio but my 12 JKU does not. For now I'm holding off on this and doing some more research. I don't know if SiriusXM would be an issue either in terms of activation
I never thought about that. My SiriusXM worked fine after entering the unlock code. Worst-case SiriusXM can send an authorization signal to a subscribed radio by calling their 800 number and possibly via the web. Come to think of it, though, I have never had to do that despite weekends of disconnected batteries on previous vehicles.

Mark

·
Registered
315 Posts
It has been recommended if you don't want to wait the time period,, then after disconnecting the cables touch them together to discharge any captive voltage, reconnect and start er up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts