Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the redundancy of this question but my searching didn't really solve my question. So last time I went wheeling I disconnected and zip tied it at up to the my front end. This ended up causing me to rip two tires. so I decided to completely remove the link. Is there any problem with taking off both links? What it the proper way to tie the link if I decided to leave it on? Can I just strap it to the sway bar? To me it seems it won't rub against my tire that way. Any input will be greatly appreciated since I'm going wheeling on Sunday. Thanks in advance.

·
Bludger
12,830 Posts
Probly' need to take them off completely & when you can invest in some quick disconnects do it. They are ok left off for a short time on the road if you need to take them off & not put them back on untill you get to a good level spot to put them back on. Just don't go speeding around sharp corners. I tie my sway bar way up with a big zip tie when I disconnect

·
Registered
780 Posts
Before I got disconnects I dropped the bottom bolts then zip tied the link to the sway bar and the sway bar to the chassis, keeping it level.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I would take the links completely off and then zip tie the swaybar to the frame. A few extra minutes is better than tearing up your tires. Quick disconnects will make your life easier if you offroad frequently.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I really want to invest in quick discos however not until I lift my rig. Is there a particular location you Zip tie the sway bar to the frame? I see a couple of possibilities, but is there an ideal spot?

·
Registered
780 Posts
As close to level as poss is the main aim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts