Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one have a stock jeep with front disconnects?? If so can u show us some pics of your flex! :) thanks

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
You can disco any TJ with a wrench and a few minutes... Just do it, wheel it and see what you think. Reconnect them before you hit the highway tho'...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I really want to do that but just wanna see how much of a difference it makes

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
^ it will make a difference when your on un-level ground and your axle can stretch so all tires are on the ground still. If you really want to see disconnect your swaybar, jack up your axle and place jack stands behind the lower control arms on the frame and let the axle off the jack so it will hang at full droop that will give you a good idea of down travel. Then with the jack stands still in place jack up one side of the axle and stuff the the tire in the wheel well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The differance between disconnected and connected is huge, The first run I ever ran discoed was holy cross trail in CO. My rubi flexed more than it ever had before and I walked up things I had no idea I could make. the only thing better is going with an Antiroc, I dont know how they work so well, they just do. Check out Currie.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts