Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to upgrade my front sway bar links to some disconnects. What do you guys recommend & what's the best bang for the buck? Trying to stay $100 or less. Thanks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I have the RK discos that came with my lift, but I used to have the Rough Country ones and I honestly think they where the quickest sway bar disco set up and it's actually below your budget!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I love the JKS Quicker Discos. They are above your price but very simple and I have had great luck with them on my TJ and my current JK.

Jeep Swaybar Disconnects | Quick Disconnects |
I agree with Squirrel, the JKS units are well made, and last, you will likely end up with something you're not completely happy with, and end up buying disco's twice.

The JKS lanyard to hold the swaybar while disconnected is slick too, for around $16, give or take. There are other solutions to the problem of securing the swaybar for cheaper, and some swear by them.

<Edit>

I use the JKS quick disconnect, not the Quicker Disconnect. I have no experience with the Quicker Disconnect, but the quick disconnects rock, and are around $150ish. Both are high quality units.

Should have read that more closely.

<End edit>

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I have the JKS disconnects on my Jeep (came with the JKS JSpec lift).

I'm embarrassed to say that I have had them and the lift installed since the end of April, and I have yet to disconnect.

I've only been off-road once, and that was just on a logging road, so no need to disconnect (or even go into 4wd).

I should probably sell me Jeep and get a Prius.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I have had the Teraflex quick discos for the past 70k miles with zero issues, and I disconnect every other weekend, they're $130 though.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
I got fed up with disco's even JKS took 3 people at times to put them back on - went with Currie Anti-Rocks (will break your bank) and never looked back.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have the teraflex as well. I like the bracket for connecting the links to when disconnected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
240 Posts
It's not an upgrade, but since you also mentioned best bang for your buck, that would just be keeping the required wrenches in the jeep IMO. For stock hardware that's an 18 mm wrench and a ratchet with an 18mm socket. Each side takes less than a minute to put on and take off. Faster if you use a cordless drill once the nut is broken free.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts