Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered my wheels on Tuesday and got them Friday. New wheels and shoes go on tomorrow!! :punk:

·
Registered
823 Posts
Congratz! Any details as to what you ordered? Remember to post pics! Everyone loves pics! And bacon!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MB 72's with Toyo AT II's 285/75-17. Will post before and after pics when all my goodies are installed. Bought this 2012 Unlimited Sport a week ago.

·
Registered
99 Posts
What size does that equate to ?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Any reason why you chose that tire wheel combo?
Branch55.....wanted black wheels and liked the basic look of the MB72 the tires are actually 285/70-17. I mistyped in the first post. I was going to go with Cooper AT3's but the Toyos had 10,000 mile warranty and read some good reviews of them. Only wanted to go up to 33's.

·
Registered
137 Posts
sweet im only going up to 33's as well because of my 3.21 gearing but i had heard duratrac duratrac duratrac......because they are much lighter.

·
Registered
928 Posts
sweet im only going up to 33's as well because of my 3.21 gearing but i had heard duratrac duratrac duratrac......because they are much lighter.
Duratracs are not only heavier than the Toyos in that size but they are also load range D which will ride very harsh as they are made for 3/4 and 1 ton pickup trucks. The Toyos in that size are P rated which are much better for a light vehicle like the Wrangler.

·
Registered
137 Posts
really? I havnt heard that before...so you would definitely suggest the Toyos? over everything else for ride quality and gas mileage and weight etc... anything else make them better?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Duratracs are not only heavier than the Toyos in that size but they are also load range D which will ride very harsh as they are made for 3/4 and 1 ton pickup trucks. The Toyos in that size are P rated which are much better for a light vehicle like the Wrangler.
Put my 33 duratracs on last night. Felt lighter than stock, load range c and for light trucks.

Felt like pillows this morning.

...now if they were only balanced right.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Put my 33 duratracs on last night. Felt lighter than stock, load range c and for light trucks.

Felt like pillows this morning.

...now if they were only balanced right.
Where they 285/70/17s? I did not know they made a load range C tire in that size.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I don't envy you Joey. I bought a 2010 mustang vert in 2009 and that car shimmied like hell right off the lot and I didn't really notice it because it was dusk when I test drove it and dark when I took it home. I went through hell and back to get that car rolling right. The dealer replaced the first set and those were even worse than the first set. The dealer at that point washed their hands of it and I had to deal directly with Pirelli through another local tire shop to get a new set which was about 90%. The car never drove 100% and always had a slight shimmy. Pirelli pzero nero tires are the squarest junk out there from what I found out later. It was a major hassle getting that car to drive well and one that I never want to repeat.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts