Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 4L Wrangler TJ and I'm constantly having to replace the distributor caps due to the electrodes snapping off, I've sourced replacements from 3 different manufacturer's now and all feel and look very low quality. Is anyone having the same problems? If so any advise? Winter is on its way so need it reliable.....

·
Registered
496 Posts
3 different manufacturer's? did you try going to a dealership? even if you didn't go to the dealership doesn't autozone have a lifetime guarantee? what would cause a distributor to keep cracking? over tightening? cracked spark plug? crap wires? anyone?

·
Registered
451 Posts
That sounds like there is play in the distributor shaft due to mechanical wear. You may need a complete distributor replacement.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After the first cap braking I checked for play in the shaft and also changed the rotor arm, think I'll have to get one from main agent, I've used unipart and blueprint and they both look very poor quality

·
Registered
222 Posts
After the first cap braking I checked for play in the shaft and also changed the rotor arm, think I'll have to get one from main agent, I've used unipart and blueprint and they both look very poor quality
napa 'gold series rock! i had flakes of electrodes in my distrib, so for $75 i went with napa's remained distributor which came with new cam-p sensor.. both the cap & the button have brass electrodes & hold up well..:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts