Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth it to buy bumpstops or just make them myself?

I think with my 2in BDS LIFT I could buy one set of rokmen and have enough for the front and rear.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Do you mean bumpstop extensions? I bought aluminum round bar stock in 2" and 3" diameters. I'm in it $30 as they didn't have any scrap in the bin that suited my needs. You can do it cheaper with body lift pucks, or you could buy them pre made but I think that's the most expensive option.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes sorry. Bump stop extensions.

Is it better to use a nut and bolt on the spring perch or drill/tap?

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
I drilled and tapped my front spring perches, and bolted on 3" round hockey pucks using a stainless bolt, and 2 1/2" fender washers over them. I later found some 3" round aluminum bar stock that I picked up to cut to the proper size, but the pucks have been holding up so well, I haven't bothered doing it yet. Here's a picture of the original. It now has two stacked.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
A great cheap option is poly performance body lift pucks. I bought them in 3 inch lengths and cut them down to size with a chop saw.

·
Registered
2014 JKU Sahara
11 Posts
I'm adding this comment because this thread is what came up when I did a search for ideas on how to fix a DIY bump stop to the frame.

I am using doublesided tape for fixing the puck to frame. After trying to workout which adhesive/glue would work best I somehow came across the idea of doublesided tape and it makes the most sense! There are no shear forces and the bump stop being hit would only help increase adhesion. tadaaa.

·
Super Moderator
6,771 Posts
I'm adding this comment because this thread is what came up when I did a search for ideas on how to fix a DIY bump stop to the frame.

I am using doublesided tape for fixing the puck to frame. After trying to workout which adhesive/glue would work best I somehow came across the idea of doublesided tape and it makes the most sense! There are no shear forces and the bump stop being hit would only help increase adhesion. tadaaa.
what are you using for the extension itself?
my go to is the zone universal extensions. they're $12 per pair and come with a tap bolt and mounting hardware.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts