Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished installing the vinyl gutter guard and zip ties behind the grill. Highly recommend! I wanted to share a few tips with everyone in case you plan on doing this mod:

1) I was having trouble removing the stickers on the back of the zip tie mounts and it was taking forever. To make it easier, I removed the backing paper and soaked the mounts in alcohol for about 10 minutes. The stickers came off relatively easy and clean after doing that.

2) The mounts are about the same size as the area between the slots on the grill. If you want to make sure you get good contact, snip a small piece off the mount so they'll sit flush on the grill.

3) I used the J-B Weld 2 part epoxy and let it dry overnight. Seems like those mounts aren't going anywhere!

4. Lastly, I have the Mopar Hood Lock but wanted a cleaner look than the cut pieces of mesh around the lock. So, I put a rubber gasket on top of the mesh and around the lock. I had trouble finding one that fit. Wound up using a toilet gasket and cutting it in half -- fits perfect :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
That looks legit :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts