Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Commercial Member
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand the basics (lefty loosey, righty tight) and have access to a garage with a lift/special tools.

Can I install a teraflex 2.5 inch lift? I'm reading about the death wobble and its making me a bit nervous.

Was just going to pick up the lift with shocks. Anything else? This is going to save me about 500 in labor.

It looks like its plug and play and I don't think i need to cut anything or drill holes.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
If you're mechanically inclined, pay attention to detail, and can follow instructions, and you have the right tools, you shouldn't have any trouble. A second set of hands might help.

My wife and I installed my lift on the floor of the garage using floor jacks and jack stands. No air tools, but I do have a battery powered impact wrench that was a life saver.

Took us about 8 hours to do it.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
501 Posts
DIY.

you'll then have gained knowledge should you have to trouble shoot any issues or perform future repairs, not to mention potential trail repairs.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Easy lift to install! DIY! Learn the ins and outs of your suspension

Keep an eye on brake lines when doing the front, and tip for getting the front springs in- jack up the opposite side your are working on when the axle is at full drop. Doing this will allow the side you are working on to drop a touch more and the axle will swing over a bit giving you more wiggle room to gt the front in

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Geo correction brackets take care of the "wandering" feeling from what I have heard of those that did not put them on. I had them installed with the left.

Exhaust spacers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2CQD68LHSg

After the install the rear axle was about an inch to the drivers side. A adj rear trackbar took care of that for me. The front was around 1/16th.

From what I have gathered, you also want to torque everything with the tires on ground.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Definitely DIY. You'll be glad you did.

·
Commercial Member
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Geo correction brackets take care of the "wandering" feeling from what I have heard of those that did not put them on. I had them installed with the left.

Exhaust spacers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2CQD68LHSg

After the install the rear axle was about an inch to the drivers side. A adj rear trackbar took care of that for me. The front was around 1/16th.

From what I have gathered, you also want to torque everything with the tires on ground.

I was looking at the Teraflex 2.5 without shocks but adding the Rancho Shocks mainly because it was the recommended setup on one of the stickys. Also, it seemed to be plug and play, without any cutting or drilling. Appreciate the comments I'll take a look at the geo brackets and spacers. Seems the more I dig the more parts I need.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts