Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 1997 jeep wrangler and the paint on it is rough and I thought about painting it myself. There is no rust but the clear coat came off in big patches and faded a lot. The color now is red but I was thinking about maybe painting it a flat color or if anyone has other suggestions. I don't have a paint sprayer so I'm looking for something in cans or any other possibilities. I know this is cheap but I'm just trying to make it look better than it is now. The body is nice and straight and no rust I would just need to sand it down some. Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
688 Posts
Doesnt take much to paint a Jeep, I painted mine Flat Tan and love it. Flat Green and other flat colors like black and grey look real cool too. I sprayed mine with spray cans and so far 2 years later it looks good. Easy to touch up as well. If you want a professional job then youll have to really study , read and take your time or pay someone to do it! Check out my build on the build section to see my sprayed jeep

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
I painted mine flat OD green with spray cans. I used 11 cans and to took me a few hours on two different days. I used a scotch-brite pad to scuff up the Jeep then wiped it with a rag and started spraying. Here's how it turned out.

·
Commercial Member
5,792 Posts
I painted mine flat OD green with spray cans. I used 11 cans and to took me a few hours on two different days. I used a scotch-brite pad to scuff up the Jeep then wiped it with a rag and started spraying. Here's how it turned out.

That looks pretty good!! I like it a lot.

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
Thanks, It took me 3 days total to do the rear bumper/tire carrier, MCE flat fenders, paint and decals. I did plan this out and lifted it, got the rims and tires, and painted the rims 8 months before i did the rest. Here is how it looked before I started.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts