Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to transition from setting up my tent on the ground, to something a little more comfortable. I also need to be able to carry (2) 12' Kayaks and a 10' SUP.
I've been using a modified 4x6 utility trailer to carry the kayaks and equipment, but have been setting up my tent on the ground as seen below:

I'm not interested in spending $750-$1,000 on a RTT at this point, because we are camping more and more, and might "upgrade" to an A frame pop-up or even smaller travel trailer.

The platform will fold out to 8'x10' for my current tent. The box is 60" wide, 96" long, and 24" tall. The driver side will have shelves/drawers for equipment, and the passenger side will be one long space for paddles, EZ-up, etc.

The main carcass and doors will be out of 3/4" plywood. Treated with exterior epoxy of some sort.

I've ordered some plywood, and need to ready the trailer. I'll be updating this thread as I progress.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Interesting plan, looking forward to seeing how this turns out. Are you planning on actually opening the trailer up with the kayaks attached or is that just for illustration purposes?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts