Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I'm saving my monies up for some nice sliders of some sort, I decided to make this step in the interim. I had some 1" square tube along with 3/32 x 1 1/2" angle iron and a small strip of diamond plate steel. 3/8" galv. hardware bolts through existing holes in body/frame.

Took about 8 hours all together including finishing and painting. I used a primer that works over light rust and bare metal then top coated with 2 layers of Rustoleum Truck Bedliner textured spraypaint. I've had a lot of success using this paint on off-roading and outdoor accessories in the past.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Since I'm saving my monies up for some nice sliders of some sort, I decided to make this step in the interim. I had some 1" square tube along with 3/32 x 1 1/2" angle iron and a small strip of diamond plate steel. 3/8" galv. hardware bolts through existing holes in body/frame.

Took about 8 hours all together including finishing and painting. I used a primer that works over light rust and bare metal then top coated with 2 layers of Rustoleum Truck Bedliner textured spraypaint. I've had a lot of success using this paint on off-roading and outdoor accessories in the past.

Nicely done. Looks very sturdy yet compact. If you are looking for a basic rock rail, check for someone who took their sliders off of a Rubi. You could just cut them to length and fab up a mount. Many people remove the stock sliders to add aftermarket.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nicely done. Looks very sturdy yet compact. If you are looking for a basic rock rail, check for someone who took their sliders off of a Rubi. You could just cut them to length and fab up a mount. Many people remove the stock sliders to add aftermarket.
Thanks @cadman99! And funny you should say that. I just worked out a deal with a friend that he's giving me his old sliders, which are still brand new looking, in exchange for some welding repair work and $50. Its gonna take a lot of modifications but I'll get them to work.

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
That works. I buddy and I made these for mine. Bolted right to the frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts