Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 tj. Bought it 3 weeks ago. Underneath is in great shape.
This baby had to be a garage parked driver.
You can see where it had been factory under coated. The stuff is almost gone and you can see where the scourge of redness is starting to creep in.

I am going to get it undercoated. I have read everything on do it yourself.
I don't have a compressor. I really don't have any equipment to spray with.
I am figuring about $200 to do it myself.
I went to my local Ziebart guy and he quote me $90 dollars for a rust eliminator. They spray it on, let it set for a day and then spray more on if any rust remains. Then they coat it with asphalt undercoating for $199 ($100 off special the month of July) After tax it's gonna run about $300.

My question is, has anyone had this done by Ziebart, or anyone else?
Were you satisfied with the results? It seems like such a messy job, I believe $300 is well worth it,provided the end result is satisfactory.

·
Registered
281 Posts
When i bought my jeep it was already undercoated with por15. Then I had to have the frame fixed cause the po did a bad job so i had to get my frame fixed luckily at no cost to me and the place that fixed it redid it for me. But most guys on here use por15 or eastwood external coating with no special equipment including me for spots they missed I just used a rattle spray paint can and painted with rust stop paint. Anyways the guys that did it after i had my frame fixed did a good job and it was done at a frame shop and they did a fairly good job doing it.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
If you don't want your tj to get eaten alive by rust & you live in a area that salts the road, don't drive it at all during the salting season. That's the ONLY way to avoid the frame rusting.
Btw, to answer your question, you pay someone to do it
Or you do it yourself, that's the difference between the two.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts