Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 3.5 inch lift ordered, Bilstein 5100 shocks and AEV Procal Module ordered today. Lift installation on Thursday image-3607328573.jpg Jeep lift kit

[/ATTACH] Stock look right now

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
You won't be dissatisfied with Clayton. I've had their 3.5" lift on my jku for almost two years now. Springs are solid and don't sag. IMO the market is flooded with RK, Teraflex and MC so you don't hear too much about Clayton Offroad. Their products will definitely stand toe to toe with everyone else.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You won't be dissatisfied with Clayton. I've had their 3.5" lift on my jku for almost two years now. Springs are solid and don't sag. IMO the market is flooded with RK, Teraflex and MC so you don't hear too much about Clayton Offroad. Their products will definitely stand toe to toe with everyone else.

Which Clayton Kit do u have? I got the Basic Entry kit..... No front disconnects or front trackbar or bumpstops. Did u need a new driveshaft too and a drop pitman arm or what

·
Registered
45 Posts
Which Clayton Kit do u have? I got the Basic Entry kit..... No front disconnects or front trackbar or bumpstops. Did u need a new driveshaft too and a drop pitman arm or what
I have the same kit plus bumpstops. I'd get a set for the front and rear so you don't bottom your coils out. You can switch the longer factory end links from the rear to the front when you replace them with the new ones. I did that for a while and then went with some JKS quick discos. You have an adjustable front track bar judging from your pic. A dropped pitman arm isn't necessary as it puts stress on the steering box. A drag link flip kit in the future will even out the geometry. I have the Synergy kit. You can get by with the stock driveshaft for a while but eventually the boot at the transfer case will rip depending on how hard you wheel it. We have nothing but dirt and mud here in Florida. Just check it periodically for grease slinging everywhere. I upgraded to an Adams front 1310 driveshaft. It's up to you which company you go with but you will hear nothing but great reviews about them.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can switch the longer factory end links from the rear to the front when you replace them with the new ones. A drag link flip kit in the future will even out the geometry.
Can u please clarify the bold parts? What does a drag link do? Is that for the front Trac bar? What do u mean switiching rear end links to front?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
What do u mean switiching rear end links to front?
The stock rear end links are longer than the front. When the time comes and you want to replace the links you can just buy longer rear links and move the stock rear links to the front rather than buy all four.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
With just this lift kit, do I still need the drag link bar installed with Bumpstops and a steering stabilizer? Or will this work for now?
You'll want bumpstops for sure. Metal Cloak has adjustable bumps that I'm putting in my front lower; they adjust from 1"-4" so you can dial in your travel. I've got Teraflex 3" rear lower bumps (with a 2.5 lift). Check some of the lift threads and see what bump lengths are good for your lift and shocks.

Not sure about the drag link and stablilzer. Try sending a PM to kjeeper10; he wrote the newbies guide to lifting your jk thread.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lift Kit installed finally. Picked up ride yesterday and it is looking sexy. Got the Clayton 3.5 inch lift kit with Bilstein 5100 gas shocks. Let me just say that the ride up to 75mph had no "death wobble" love love love it........ Courtesy of Geno's Muffler and Auto Shop in Buckhannon WV.

More pics coming soon

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok so I promised you all pics and updates on the Jeep build. Well, thanks to Craigslist I now am the proud owner of the so called Rims & Tires pictured. Sahara Rims 18" with Nitto Tera Grappler All Terrain Tires: 295/70R18. Looks real beautiful but it is not done yet. Major stuff all done for the time being.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts