Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have some kicker 4x6 speakers in the dash and was wondering for those that have the boom mat pods if they make a difference. I'm not looking to upgrade to 5.25's since the 4x6's are still in good shape. Just wanting a little better sound with the top and doors off.
http://www.amazon.com/DEI-050350-Boom-Speaker-Baffle/dp/B0039Z3SUM

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I guess I will let ya'll know. I ordered a set tonight. Just wondering if I should stuff them with polyfill or not. Guess I will try one side and see if there is a noticeable difference.

·
Registered
761 Posts
These are just foam baffles that are intended to protect the speaker a little. They are not airtight so poly fill would do you no good. You might get a little improvement in sound because it does dampen the sound coming off the back of the speaker.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I can tell a difference. I think people buy these thinking it will make their speakers sound like a sub with lots of bass. If that's what they are looking for then it's not gonna happen.
I can tell a big difference in the sound quality. The speakers sound with more clarity and fullness. And my dash dosent rattle anymore! I am running 4x6 kickers as opposed to 5.25's so I can't comment on how it would sound with them. Overall I'm happy with the purchase. I would recommend them to anyone. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks. I have 4x6 Polks in the dash and wasn't sure if these would help, appreciate the advice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts