Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't think so. However, in the past week, I've been in two. The first had the driver's seat much to close to the door; I was unable to sit upright.

In the other, and in a Gladiator, I was very close to the door panel, but good sit upright. About the same as a used 2013 JK they had also.

This is a buy/don't buy issue for us. There must be an explanation. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
10,643 Posts
I think the armrest padding is different between Sport, Sahara and Rubicon.

My Sahara came with cloth seats but has the same padded and stitched armrests as the the leather versions. Photos I have seen of Sports have a plain-looking door armrest. I have seen some Rubicons door panels with the armrest stitching, and some without.

Rubicon with cloth seats - you can see the door panel without armrest stitching

Sahara interior with leather seats - you can see the padded and stitched door armrest

Sahara interior with cloth seats - you can see the same padded and stitched door armrest on the far right

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The one that was tight was a Sahara. The others were a JL Sport and a JT Rubicon. I'd be getting a JL Rubicon.

I'll have to retest.

A little bird keeps whispering in my ear: get an XJ or WJ, put in a triangulated long arm 4-link, and be done with it.

·
Super Moderator
10,643 Posts
The one that was tight was a Sahara. The others were a JL Sport and a JT Rubicon. I'd be getting a JL Rubicon.

I'll have to retest.

A little bird keeps whispering in my ear: get an XJ or WJ, put in a triangulated long arm 4-link, and be done with it.
It’d make sense that you felt tight in a Sahara. If you plan to get a Rubicon, test with leather and without. I can see the JT feeling tighter, too, with that back window so close to the back headrests.

There’s quite a bit of difference between spending $50,000 on a JL loaded with electronics and an older XJ/WJ. It all depends how you plan to use it I guess. But last I recall, the XJ interior was pretty tight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts