Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, and welcome to another installment in my continuing series I refer to as "Brett should have known better than to buy a used Jeep JK".

Almost as soon as I got my new (to me) rig, I replaced the factory head unit, and it works pretty well! Well, unless I hit a hard bump, then the sound only comes out of the front passenger speaker. I need to solder those connections, but I've never soldered, and have nightmare scenarios of me setting something on fire, or irretrievably damaging the maestro unit I spent so much money on to keep my steering wheel volume controls.

But that's all aside the point.

When I'm just tooling around, listening to podcasts, I don't notice this, but when I play music with anything resembling bass, I get a horrible sound from the rear of my Jeep.

Have you ever been at a redlight and someone in a clapped out '95 Accord has their bass waaay up and you can hear their whole car vibrating from 20 feet away? Same deal.

I tried to adjust the EQ levels to remove all bass, and it kinda works, but I can't help but think that what I'm hearing is a blown speaker.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Would this be as simple a fix as replacing the Mopar/Alpine sub speaker for a new one?

BTW- My Sahara had the Alpine system and the sub I'm talking about is the stock one.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
9,574 Posts
Could be a blown sub but it is more likely just the crappy enclosure they gave us. It vibrates something awful and my cases so bad that I just chucked it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts