Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to figure this out since I bought my Jeep and I'm still puzzled.

First of all, price was my driving factor, so I wasn't paying attention to details, I bought what I could afford. However, I've been comparing features on the Jeep website, and the only thing that my Jeep Sport DOES NOT have that the Sport S does have is the leather wrapped steering wheel, and shift knob. Mine has the 17 inch painted "sparkle silver" wheels, I've got A/C, and I've got the premium top. I've also got the Black Appearance group. Can the leather wrapped steering wheel prevent mine from being considered an "S" on the build sheet?

Now the thing that is puzzling me the most is that my window sticker says I have 16" Styled Wheels, and I clearly have the upgraded 17".

It's a 2013 and it only had 27 miles on it. Could the dealership have swapped the tires for some take offs and added the black appearance group for some kind of quick sale incentive? I built my Jeep on the website and MSRP was $26K+, and I got mine for $25K. The credit union guy said that invoice on mine was $24244, and my sales price was $25005 - but that's based on the window sticker. If you consider the 17" wheels and larger tires, that sales price would seem to be a bit higher - wouldn't it?

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its not a worry per say... I'm just trying to figure out definitively which model I have, and if I in fact have the base Sport, is it now worth a little more than I paid because of the upgrades that weren't included on the window sticker?

·
Premium Member
3,643 Posts
If you contact Chrysler, they can email you the build sheet with all the RPO Codes. Then you can compare that to what you have, or could ask the dealer, I'm sure they would have it on record if they added anything after the fact.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Usually the build sheet is left in the glove box. If yours wasn't, ask the dealership where it went.

The "S" package had different features on the 2-door than it did on the 4-door, which I just realized this summer. It's odd. Post up your window sticker and we'll decipher it for you.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Check to see if your speedometer is off with a GPS. Would not be surprised if the dealer swapped the wheels and tires but would be if they actually changed the programming for the tire size.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
You've got a base Sport with a few options. The only thing you have that is only available with the S is the wheels. The rest is either optional on a Sport or is very easily and cheaply added at the dealer.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Do you have power windows and door locks? 2 door base Sports do not have that option. For the 2 doors, there are few items that you cannot get on the base Sport (like LSD....or side air-bags on both the 2 and 4 door base models).

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whats a "Customer Preferred Package 23B"?

Nevermind...

"23B CUSTOMER PREFERRED ORDER SELECTION PKG -inc: 3.6L V6 engine, 6-speed manual trans"

·
Registered
593 Posts
Whats a "Customer Preferred Package 23B"?

Nevermind...

"23B CUSTOMER PREFERRED ORDER SELECTION PKG -inc: 3.6L V6 engine, 6-speed manual trans"
There you go :thumb:

If you are saying you have a 23B then no the "S" was not optioned, and yes, someone put those wheels and tires on your Jeep. The "S" is an entirely new CPOS 23S, or 24S. That would explain why you are missing what you noticed you were missing as the 23B doesn't have them standard.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts