Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
jeep libertys
the other day i recieved a wave from a liberty driver, and i didnt know them, not to be a jerk i waved back but i really did not want to cause to me its hardly a jeep? so...?

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
C'mon! IMHO, someone waves at you or your JEEP, you wave back! Even liberty's are JEEP's! They were probably saying "wow, what a cool Wrangler! I wish I had one!" Real Jeepers aren't snobs! (They may have had a Mr. CLIFFORD type beast in the garage!) Encourage others in JEEP love, it'll make the world a better place!

·
Registered
981 Posts
C'mon! IMHO, someone waves at you or your JEEP, you wave back! Even liberty's are JEEP's! They were probably saying "wow, what a cool Wrangler! I wish I had one!" Real Jeepers aren't snobs! (They may have had a Mr. CLIFFORD type beast in the garage!) Encourage others in JEEP love, it'll make the world a better place!
haha QFE. Jeep's/Wranglers don't have a monopoly on the wave! Where I come from, you wave at everyone. :D

·
I luv bourbonz!
3,105 Posts
I've seen a few built Libbys and they did wave.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
I'v been waving at other non-wranglers a lot more sence I got a wave from a range rover few weeks back. I try to wave while im in my mustang but most jeepers cant see me way down there with the tinted windows!

If I get a wave, no matter who it is they deserve a wave back.

~Lev

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
I had a guy in a lifted f250 with 44's wave at me the other day. I was really taken back. If its a jeep wave back no matter the type. You never know when the KJ might have to pull you out.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it was just a question and it has nothing to do with being a jerk, its an acknowledgement of one jeeper to another much like harleys and vetts. i was just wondering if libertys applied, thats all, you all took this and ran with it

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
14,751 Posts
I know, ain't we fun. (we're just teasing you, twelve)

I barely have any jeeps wave to me so I've not had to make the choice whether to wave or not. :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sarcasm is difficult to translate via written communication. i know your teasting, its just that i really dont feel like waving to every little 16 year old with a liberty, it kinda seems like the acknowledgement should be reserved for those who have an true knowledge, understanding and appreciation not just something they saw happen and they and thier friends picked up on it. JMO

·
Registered
981 Posts
sarcasm is difficult to translate via written communication. i know your teasting, its just that i really dont feel like waving to every little 16 year old with a liberty, it kinda seems like the acknowledgement should be reserved for those who have an true knowledge, understanding and appreciation not just something they saw happen and they and thier friends picked up on it. JMO
You may be right, but...I know some jeepers who are so elitist that they won't wave just because another jeep is stock. Somehow I find that wrong.

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
14,751 Posts
That's why I'm one of those who waves to wranglers and waves back to the rest if they wave to me. At least I don't have the bewildered "who the hell are you?" look on my face anymore. :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah i remember when i got my first jeep, and other jeepers were waving at me i didnt get it. i was just a rookie and thought they must have had a all jeepers drinking session and they were just super happy. it took about a month or so to catch on. my friends dad had to tell me

·
Wrecktrician
7,349 Posts
I wave, If they don't wave back? they get this :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff:

·
Registered
942 Posts
Oh that was you Point, sorry I had my Cell phone in one hand my pepsi in another and my hamburger in my lap.....Damnit next time the phone wil just have to go out the Top. :)

Greg

·
Wrecktrician
7,349 Posts
Oh that was you Point, sorry I had my Cell phone in one hand my pepsi in another and my hamburger in my lap.....Damnit next time the phone wil just have to go out the Top. :)

Greg
Coulda been? ..................and put that phone down while your driving. :D

1 - 20 of 104 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.