Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Wrangler and the first thing I bought was some rims/tires for it, but I was wondering if I could just put on the tires as is (32" with 15" Rims) or do I need a lift so the tires will clear? If I do how many inches for the lift? And how much does it cost typically for installation? A new and excited Jeep owner here waiting for the summer Thanks!

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Really depemds on how you're going to use it. I would think you need something either some longer shackles or a body lift. But if you're going to wheel it, you'll need to lift it. The other thing to remember is you're sitting on 20 yr old springs. They have probably sagged a bit with age.

I am running 31's on a 2-1/2" suspension lift and can bury them into the flares depending where I am and what we're up to.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I agree. I am running 31's with no lift and I rub. I have a 3" lift waiting to go on when I get better. I also trimmed my fender flares to make about another inch of clearance.

·
Registered
291 Posts
35x12.5 on a 5 inch lift lots of cutting.

·
Registered
486 Posts
My previous lift was a 2 inch suspension,and a 1 inch body. Worked well with 31's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts