Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I bought a 2" BB lift (poly spacers and nitro shocks) and the install was, well.....interesting...took a while but we got it on (had to work on a few seized bolts way too long - ugh) I noticed that I must have broken a sway bar link in front....ok, no big deal...I ordered (2) new quick discos and my jeep ran like a CHAMP! The best it's ever driven....UNTIL.....I got on the highway....DEATH WOBBLE!

I started on the cheap stuff - new steering stabilizer - Still DW. I even tightened the existing stock trackbar which was really dangerously loose and still...DW. Do I need an adjustable trackbar for my 2"BB lift? I am to the point where I might go all out and get new tie rod ends, and wheel bearing, along with the adj. trackbar w/ poly bushings.

Also, could my drag link be a culprit? How can I tell? Pitman arm? i am SO close to having a really good running rig. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am a younger guy and I don't really have a father figure to bounce my ideas off of.

·
Super Moderator
53,782 Posts
Yes ... ^

Do you need a adjustable ? Prob not. Is there something wrong/worn with yours? Possibly.

Remove and inspect for wear/damage to bushings or mount holes.

Also ..... If you already had DW, there's a very good chance other components are damaged. Like outlined in Planman's thread. Fully go through all front end components.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts