Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an RC 2.5" lift on my 2010 jku. Well supposed to be 2.5" but I am thinking only about an inch or more. I have the extended rear links, break line extensions, shocks and rear TB bracket already in place. My question is, do I need to get an entirely new kit to make it actually 2.5" or can I just replace the springs to get there. I am also thinking more along the 3" springs if it's possible, MC RE, RK or something along those lines. Thanks everyone

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, spring perch measurement was roughly 11" - 11.25". Shot measurement was about 20" - 20.25". Of course these are approximate because it's 4 degrees outside and I didn't want to climb in the snow lol. So that means I have about an 1.5" of lift with these current springs then? In the front that is

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
RC springs are notorious for sagging. Get a high quality set such as Terflex, BDS, or OME and you should be fine.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope, no weight except my fat A$&!!! Lol. That's good news, priced out BDS springs at under $300 which will save plenty for other mods. Sweet. Thanks guys

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
I just went thru pretty much the same thing as the OP did and just swapped in some OME HD springs and couldn't be happier. They ride great and aren't too expensive. Was able to just buy the springs as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts