Stubby bumper/winch
rear bumper/tire carrier
35x12.5x15" MT/R with kevlar on pro comps
2.5" rough country shocks/springs with swaybar disco
rock sliders
oil pan skid/diff covers/few other skid plates
4.56 gears, ARB lockers, axles trussed/gusseted
trimmed fenders

So right now my cheapest part of my jeep is the 2.5" rough country lift... the problem is so far it runs great. It handles great on the road and flexes well off road... the only thing is I don't have much confidence in it lasting long in the future so I figured a suspension upgrade is the next thing in order.

I like my current lift height, at full flex my trimmed fenders have room for my 35s... if I were to upgrade my shocks/springs to a better brand would I really benefit from upgrading my control arms? Besides them being stronger what sort of advantages would they have?

I like to keep my jeep running as stock as possible on the street.

Cheers

·
Registered
153 Posts
Besides being stronger, if you get new control arms, there's a few other benefits. If you go the route of adjustable control arms, you'll be able to play around with wheel camber when you take it in for an alignment (Uppers I think).

If you also do control arm bracket relocation, you're control arms will actually be longer without effecting your wheel base (Or you can stretch it a little bit to improve driving characteristics), and provide better suspension geometry while flexing.

Currie Johnny Joints are replaceable, and greas able, which is a nice benefit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts