Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a BDS 2" Lift (Shocks and Coils) it does not come with them. I will not disco and have 31's. Do I need bump stops? front and rear? just rear? or none? I dont think I do tbh but IF i do i would want to put them before putting on the new coils since im in there already.

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
Yes, you need to extend your bump stops. Right now your shocks will bottom out and you risk damaging them, even on the street.

If you installed the coils and shocks yourself, then you can easily correct your bumps.

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
Did you read the thread linked earlier? Done properly, you need to remove your coil springs and cycle the axles up and down to see exactly what gets in the way first, be it tires into fenders, compressed shocks, tackbar into aftermarket diff cover... Whatever that is is how much you need to extend your bumps. In your case it should be less than 2". Every Jeep is a little different.

This process is fundamental to modifying your Jeep's suspension and understanding how everything fits together.

·
Registered
631 Posts
okay but how long is recommended typically for a 2" kit?
Look at the build thread of the member "foco" here. He just installed this same kit. I believe he did 1" front and 2" rear bumpstops.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts