Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 3.5" lift on my '12 JKUR with what appear to be Procomp ES9000. The markings on the shock bodies:

92650 OE14141
X194D Explorer

Right now the ride is firm, and going over bumps in the road is jarring to say the least. It just feels like there is very little dampening going on. Then again I am new to Jeeps so maybe this is to be expected.

I am kicking around the idea of replacing the shocks with Bilstein 5100's. Is it advisable to to replace the 5100 rear shock factory installed bar pin with jks bar pin eliminators? Can I expect a better ride on the street?

·
Registered
280 Posts
what tires/wheels are you running? Before you go and replace them, check your air pressure, and maybe give your suspension a once over to make sure all bolts are torqued too. Your shocks may be bad, but would rather see you check the easy stuff first before going and replacing them.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what tires/wheels are you running? Before you go and replace them, check your air pressure, and maybe give your suspension a once over to make sure all bolts are torqued too. Your shocks may be bad, but would rather see you check the easy stuff first before going and replacing them.
36x13.5x20 Super Swampers @ 25psi on Moto Metal 20x10

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
is it a mall crawler? I mean, most aftermarket shocks are setup for offroad use; ie stiff. Those are some pretty serious tires if you're just going to be on road. If you're set on using that setup, but want a better ride, take a look at the old man emu's. very comfortable, and they come in a long arm variant for a 3+" lift

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nah, it's a drag racer. Like I said, the firm ride may be what it is. I need to drive an unmolested Rubi down similar roads for a fair comparison.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am one of the engineers at MetalCloak. Rough ride is not always the shocks. May I ask if you have aftermarket control arms and if so what brand? Are your springs aftermarket and if so what brand?

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Good advice here. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I am one of the engineers at MetalCloak. Rough ride is not always the shocks. May I ask if you have aftermarket control arms and if so what brand? Are your springs aftermarket and if so what brand?
do yall need someone to do some test reviews of your shocks? because I need to get my hands on something a bit flexier, and Im willing to bet yours will fit the bill!

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have the 92650 OE14141 on my 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited i have a 4" lift on it an the shocks are totally gone i can feel every small little bump an i hate it i wanna buy new Blistein 4" shocks for them what do you think?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts