Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone - I have a 2011 JKU Sport. I just ordered the 2" AEV spacer lift for it. I was also looking at some Rubicon shock and coil take-offs. I'm curious if I need to get new sway bars or control arms for this set up at all? I assume I don't with just the AEV lift, but I'm not sure if the shock/coil change will push me to where I need them. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Yes as stated above you'll be fine with out CA's or SB links. Although if you do moderate wheeling a set of JKS sway bar disconnects would be a great addition instead of spending money purchasing Coils off of a Rubicon, which are probably the same as on your JKU sport. (Rubicons don't have special coils except I think, the 10A)
JKU coils on a 2 door will add more lift because it's lighter than the JKU. I got additional 1.5 inches with a set of 17/59 JKU coils when added to my spacers. The rubi shocks would be a worth while to purchase, but you would probably not get much if any additional lift from JKUR coils.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts