Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just picked up a 2014 Wrangler Unlimited Sport which is a 6 spd manual (manual everything actually) and has the base stock 130/RES head unit (Uconnect® | Systems | 2014 Jeep Wrangler 130/RES) non-Sat version.

I want to make this puppy mine starting with replacing the head unit that will do Android Auto (looking at Pioneer and Joying) and a backup camera (going to do the BOSS Auto Cam w/ the Raxiom Spare Tire Bracket).

I started my adventure by reading, a lot. Needless to say I have a lot of questions but one I can't quite figure out is do I need the PAC CHYRVD Rear Video Retention Cable For Select Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Vehicles if I'm replacing or installing new (to my precious Jeep) everything?

Can I (should I) use a Lockpick or NavTool?

Thank you for any insight and assistance!

-COMike

·
Registered
128 Posts
That cable is for plugging in to the factory NAV head unit. If you change stereos, it's of no use to you. Ask you stereo vendor about your other questions, probably specific to your deck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

That cable is for plugging in to the factory NAV head unit. If you change stereos, it's of no use to you. Ask you stereo vendor about your other questions, probably specific to your deck.
Thanks for the reply. Since I'm going aftermarket with the head unit I picked up a iDataLink Maestro and CH1 harness. This allows me to continue using/actually program the steering wheel controls.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts