Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to place my order for my jeep but also am going to order some more snow friendly tires, and duratracs seem to be a favorite for the wider/more aggressive look. what needs to be changed to use those size tires? Do i need back spacers? lift? what size rims would you guys recommend?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Any info on said spacers for total noobs?

What's the size on the tires in question? 285? 295? More? Sorry for the questioning. I get lost in the wealth of tire knowledge on here.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have 15x8 mb 72's and 33/12.5/15 on my jeep. No rub at all daily driving, yesterday i hauled 920 pounds of wood stove pellets and it rubbed once on the back fenders because i hit a big bump on the road other than that i was very surprised on how well it did! All i can say is read the forms on here and select the right wheel and you'll have no problems. Now, after saying all that this combo will rub under full articulation on a stock suspension off roading. The tire will come up and touch the fender. But im gonna get a teraflex lift to fix that problem.
Hope this helps

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have 15x8 mb 72's and 33/12.5/15 on my jeep. No rub at all daily driving, yesterday i hauled 920 pounds of wood stove pellets and it rubbed once on the back fenders because i hit a big bump on the road other than that i was very surprised on how well it did! All i can say is read the forms on here and select the right wheel and you'll have no problems. Now, after saying all that this combo will rub under full articulation on a stock suspension off roading. The tire will come up and touch the fender. But im gonna get a teraflex lift to fix that problem.
Hope this helps
A maritimer i see im from PEI originally!!! Where did you get those rims in canada? Did you need to back space or anything?

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Any info on said spacers for total noobs?

What's the size on the tires in question? 285? 295? More? Sorry for the questioning. I get lost in the wealth of tire knowledge on here.
12.5 are roughly 315 in metric. For spacers, Spidertrax makes a 1.5" spacer, which is the smallest you can go without cutting the stock studs (not recommended). That will let you go 33".

Spacers are approx $50 a corner, and many aftermarket wheels are only $200 a corner... so you'll have to decide if you want to stick with stock wheels. Look for something in the 4.5 to 5.5 offset (factory is 6.5) for the size you are looking for.

I am running spider spacers - if I had access to the wheels quicker, I would have gone straight to an AEV wheel...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im up in the yukon wonder if they ship up here. So i will need back spacers with the 15x8 mb 72 wheels and duratracs 33"?

·
Registered
199 Posts
The installer I spoke with this weekend swears that 33x12.5 will fit on the stock wheels with no lift and no spacers just fine. This is contrary to everything I have read.. but he swears by it and they are the installers for 3 different jeep dealerships in the area.. they do tons of jeeps.

·
Registered
94 Posts
They wont fit on stock wheels is correct. But if you do enough research on this forum there are wheels that will fit. 33/12,5/15 tire!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts