Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm waiting on new 16s and 315/75/16 duractracs to arrive for my '13 jku 6spd. I know using a procal to set the new shift points is important for an auto trans with bigger tires, but what about for a manual? All that should be off if I don't reprogram is my speedo and the in dash mpg calculator correct? Nothing crucial to the way it will drive? I'll probably buy one anyway, but just wondering if I can let it slide for a bit now.

·
Insert something witty...
596 Posts
The only other thing I can think of is are you going to be reusing your TPMS sensors on the new wheels? If you are not, then the ProCal can set the "low" alarm to 0 psi so you can go without them and not be aggravated.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Your odometer will be off too. Be mindful so as not to overstretch oil changes etc depending on how long you wait

·
Registered
545 Posts
ProCal

I don't think the Pro Cals work with the 12's and 13's yet. Look into the Superchips FlashCal. They cost the same and the FlashCal works with the 2013.

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
I have the Procal for my 2013. I set the tire size for the speedo and shift points, turned my TPMS off and added day time runnung lights. So it does wotk with the 2012-13's.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have the Procal for my 2013. I set the tire size for the speedo and shift points, turned my TPMS off and added day time runnung lights. So it does wotk with the 2012-13's.
+1

I bought it right from AEV to make sure it was the latest one, the DRL, tire size and TPMS work 100%.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Your tires turn 602 revs per mile. Using the formula of 63360 divided by 602 and then 3.14 gives you a calculated tire height of 33.5. The procal will allow you to set tire height to that and both speedometer and odometer will be right on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts