Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Jeepers

I'm going from a p245/75r17 stock Silent Armor tire to a p255/80r17 Cooper ST Maxx. Do you guys think it is necessary to use a ProCal for the shift points? I plugged the specs into a tire comparison chart and this is what I got. The MPH isn't effected too much but I would be concerned if it effects the shift points too much. Anyone been through a similar circumstance?

These are the stats:

Speed Difference
Tire 1 Tire 2
20 mph 21

30 mph 31.5

40 mph 42

50 mph 52.5

60 mph 63

70 mph 73.6

80 mph 84.1

90 mph 94.6

Also wondering if there is anyone who is in the Chicago area that may have one of these modules already who wouldn't mind helping me out if you guys deem it necessary to use one. I would gladly provide a twelve pack and a dry sense of humor. Let me know everyone.

Thanks
Noah

·
Vendor
1,124 Posts
Hey Jeepers

I'm going from a p245/75r17 stock Silent Armor tire to a p255/80r17 Cooper ST Maxx. Do you guys think it is necessary to use a ProCal for the shift points? I plugged the specs into a tire comparison chart and this is what I got. The MPH isn't effected too much but I would be concerned if it effects the shift points too much. Anyone been through a similar circumstance?

These are the stats:

Speed Difference
Tire 1 Tire 2
20 mph 21

30 mph 31.5

40 mph 42

50 mph 52.5

60 mph 63

70 mph 73.6

80 mph 84.1

90 mph 94.6

Also wondering if there is anyone who is in the Chicago area that may have one of these modules already who wouldn't mind helping me out if you guys deem it necessary to use one. I would gladly provide a twelve pack and a dry sense of humor. Let me know everyone.

Thanks
Noah
Noah, it's always a good idea to recalibrate for the proper tire size. Also the Procal, Flashcal, etc are VIN locked so once they are used on a vehicle they are married to that one unless it's reverted to stock. We have plenty of these in stock and can ship same day

AEV ProCal Module (30406007AB)

-Tim

·
Registered
246 Posts
Highly recommend one. Went from stock to 35x12.50r18 on our 2 door then stick to 285/70r17's on our unlimited. Best mod in my opinion

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any discounts for members of this forum Tim?

Hey Tim

Thanks for the response. Do you offer any discounts to members of this forum? Is shipping free?

Noah, it's always a good idea to recalibrate for the proper tire size. Also the Procal, Flashcal, etc are VIN locked so once they are used on a vehicle they are married to that one unless it's reverted to stock. We have plenty of these in stock and can ship same day

AEV ProCal Module (30406007AB)

-Tim

·
Vendor
1,124 Posts
Hey Tim

Thanks for the response. Do you offer any discounts to members of this forum? Is shipping free?
Normally, yes, we offer forum discounts. AEV, however, does not allow us to discount their product so the best I can do on that would be free shipping to the Lower 48 US.

-Tim

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Tim. I went ahead and ordered one from you guys.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Tim

Normally, yes, we offer forum discounts. AEV, however, does not allow us to discount their product so the best I can do on that would be free shipping to the Lower 48 US.

-Tim
Thanks Tim. I went ahead and ordered one from you guys a minute ago.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts