Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my lengthy posting about all of the different things I’ve tried to get my 98 TJ running right
I replaced the upstream O2 sensor. The 6cylinder 4.0L ran great without the sensor connected
but now with the new one in place and codes cleared it hiccups around 30-35 mph. This only happens after stopping at the gas station filling up and restarting. Until I stopped it was fine. I’ve already wrapped the injectors and fuel rail in insulation (Heat soak issue prevention ). Could it be some residual gunk from the Seafoam treatment? Or can I head fake the computer and eliminate the
O2 sensor and just let it run rich but good?

I previously posted the 15 or so things I’ve already don.

Any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
13,609 Posts
You should find and fix the problem running without o2 sensor is NOT the solution

Not just illegal but system is designed to modulate mixture based on sensor feedback to make it run properly

You problem is NOT due to connection of functional oxygen sensor

Check freeze frame stared data

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should find and fix the problem running without o2 sensor is NOT the solution

Not just illegal but system is designed to modulate mixture based on sensor feedback to make it run properly

You problem is NOT due to connection of functional oxygen sensor

Check freeze frame stared data

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any ideas on how to find the problem ? I only have a simple ODB2 scanner
i would love to find and solve the problem, I’m very uptight about having things done the right way but I can live with a way to fake out the computer If there is a way to do it

any help would be great...thank...joe

·
Registered
301 Posts
If you are really uptight about doing things right, then you shouldn't be looking to bypass the PCM and omit the O2 sensor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts