Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running 33x10.5x15 KM2 tires. I tend to do a lot more road driving than planned with this rig. I do wheel occasionally and at most once a month. It's rocks I do NOT play in the mud. I love these narrow 33's they look good and deff weight nothing compared to stock and do ok on road however a lot has to do with it being an MT tire. I know they are the most spoken for and high ranking MT but its still an mt. I do not mind the noise but at 70 or so it can get old and I hope to do a couple trips 4 hours away this winter as much as possible and I think MTs will wear in front of me. Also I do a lot of winter driving and see these MTs will not be the best but I'm sure ill have fun. So I may go AT treads. I also can't help but think I'm going 35's this time I am pretty much set up for them and another 1" when aired down to help axles clear some rocks would be nice. I wish Goodyear Duratracs had 35's and I do NOT think its worth going 16" rims which will kill the wheel weight. 16 is to heavy and tires are all E load range so I don't think it's worth it over like 10+ lbs per tire alone.

So any advise should I go 33x12.5? I feel they look to wide and bubbly bust less I can get Duratracs. If not I think ill end up with BFG at tires in either 35's or stay 33 but if I go AT I think 33x10.5's will look goofy. But probably way more functional. Advise I'm all over the place.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I think I'm going to buy either one of these tires in 33x10.5. Can u post some pics of how narrow these tires actually are and I think u should go with 33s unless u have room to fit the 35s

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
The only tires for a 15in wheel that I am aware of that are still made in a 33x10.5 is the KM2 and TA/KO.

I'd say your heading twoards a 12.5in wide tire. If rocks are your thing make sure you get a tire with a at least decent sidewall. AT's that come to mind are the Mickey Thomson ATZ's and Dick Cepek FCII's.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just got new BFG 33X10.50X15 at/ko's & the tread width is about 8 inches wide,that is 2 inches narrower than the 33x12.50x15 MT's I just had.I love these tires so far,the Jeep drives like a new one,& they are so quiet I can hear the stereo again!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I misspoke in the last post, the tread on my 33x10.50x15's is 8.5 inches wide,I got them because I am spending more time on the street these days,& was hoping they would help in the gas mileage department. The 1st day I got em,I went wheeling in some sand & mud down by the Arkansas river, & they did fine, maybe a little more slippage than my old M/T's.but the on road experience is like night & day better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts