Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put insurance on my '14 JK. The rate for full coverage ($500 deductable) ended up being $42 a month.......which is considerably less than I was expecting.

Am I correct in this being a fantastic rate or is this par for the course with Jeeps?

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
My new Wrangler is less than my girlfriend's 2008 Accord, and less than my 2007 BMW, and less than the 2012 Ford Focus I was considering. Dunno why, they are just lower than most cars.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Don't know why, but we had the same experience. We traded in a '08 Sebring convertible on our Jeep and our insurance premium went down.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Newer vehicle = updated safety equipment/updated safety standards

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Newer vehicle = updated safety equipment/updated safety standards
Not sure if this qualifies for a Wrangler considering the factory tells you the doors are only good for keeping rain out.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I hate you all. I live in the most expensive city for insurance in the US. I pay 1300 for 6months premium on three autos. Plus my deductible is 2k :eek:
You know who you can thank for that...:angel:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
yea when I went from my 2008 4dr Tacoma to my 4dr JKU my insurance dropped a good bit. But that being said I have been in 2 accidents both ruled not my fault and had zero damage in either one while causing significant damage to the persons who hit me....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got a '94 and i'm 22. Insurance is less than $25 a month with full coverage and a $250 deductible. I heard it's so low because people who drive a jeep usually repair themselves rather then make a claim...

·
Registered
199 Posts
I was just quoted anywhere from $120/month to $160/month for a new JKU....

I apparently must be doing something wrong....
This all depends on if it is bundled with home insurance, how many drivers, driving records, coverage options, loan/lease pay off, and of course location, etc. $120-160 month for a new jku isn't way off if its the only thing you buy from your insurance depending on where you live.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This all depends on if it is bundled with home insurance, how many drivers, driving records, coverage options, loan/lease pay off, and of course location, etc. $120-160 month for a new jku isn't way off if its the only thing you buy from your insurance depending on where you live.

I have multi-car and homeowners through the same insurance company (State Farm)

·
Registered
586 Posts
Age and driving history being equal, insurance rates mostly depend on the vehicle you buy, your zip code and your credit rating. An insurance actuary told me that medical claims for the Wrangler are lower than for other vehicles and it has a good "survivability" record. Considering the majority of accident costs stem from medical claims, it's no surprise the Wrangler is less expensive to insure.

In a related factor there are IIHS crash tests. Regardless of those tests, it's the empirical data, you know, the real world data, that determines rates applied to your age, history, vehicle, etc. That real world data has inferred the Wrangler to be a much safer vehicle (by $ claims paid out) than say, a Chevy Spark or other cars of that ilk as well as some larger vehicles.

Perhaps other larger vehicles (SUVs, pickups) attract more aggressive/careless drivers to skew the data with higher accident frequency and medical claims in comparison? It'd be a good dissertation for a doctoral degree. Maybe people who choose Wranglers become just statistically more mellow drivers? I know I feel mellower in my JK than in my Hemi GC.:angel:

·
Registered
760 Posts
$900 per yrar

:dance:hi, I pay $900 per year on my 2012 jk, 2 door, it has $1000, dect., with $500,000 coverage it's with Progressive. :thumb:

·
Registered
661 Posts
I pay about $110/mo for my JKU and my Wife's Lincoln, and she has had a recent accident and a ticket, and I have a ticket. I was about $80/mo before her last accident posted. The JKU makes up around $45/mo of the $110, my 2007 F150 Supercrew 4x4 was about 10% higher than the 2013 JKU.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts