Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased $275 worth of equip from extreme terrain. I bought only that which was “in stock” with a delivery the next Tuesday. I was leaving on a Jeep run on a Thursday. I received the confirmation email from extreme terrain and double checked the charge went through to my credit card.

Tuesday comes; Tuesday goes. No delivery. I search back through my email to find the confirmation and get a contact number for status. In addition to the confirmation I received 7 additional BS spam marketing email..... one of which stated there was a problem with my order and it was suspended until I call them. I frantically called to talk to some idiot who says there’s “no issue” we suspend everyone’s first order and the we randomly suspend orders after the first. He says it’s a part of their “risk management” process. Are you kidding me? What “risk” are you managing if you RANDOMLY screw people over? No fraud. No reports. A $36,000 limit on the card. A 768 credit score. The addresses match. They told me the “issue resolution” team is gone for the day. I’ll have to call back tomorrow but they assure me there is no “issue”. Why the hell am I having to sit home this weekend because extreme terrain “managed their risk” by randomly screwing me? I have now got to call the “issue resolution team” when there is no “issue”

They supply you with deceptive delivery promises, they take your money and they suspend your order.

Bad business. Beware. I’ll never do business with them again.

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
Welcome to the forum. What items did you order that would keep you from going on a jeep outing?

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
It's pure MooPoo for them to suspend any order unless someone claims CC fraud. If they have a problem, then the company should call the customer.
This relying on e-mail as the primary contact is ridiculous. If the window for what you ordered the items for has passed, I would be telling them that the order would be cancelled.

·
Super Moderator
10,510 Posts
I like to keep an open mind.

So, what's ETs side of the story? Is the customers complaint accurate? Does ET suspend everyones first order?

Good Luck, L.M.

·
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
6,015 Posts
Purchased $275 worth of equip from extreme terrain. I bought only that which was “in stock” with a delivery the next Tuesday. I was leaving on a Jeep run on a Thursday. I received the confirmation email from extreme terrain and double checked the charge went through to my credit card.

Tuesday comes; Tuesday goes. No delivery. I search back through my email to find the confirmation and get a contact number for status. In addition to the confirmation I received 7 additional BS spam marketing email..... one of which stated there was a problem with my order and it was suspended until I call them. I frantically called to talk to some idiot who says there’s “no issue” we suspend everyone’s first order and the we randomly suspend orders after the first. He says it’s a part of their “risk management” process. Are you kidding me? What “risk” are you managing if you RANDOMLY screw people over? No fraud. No reports. A $36,000 limit on the card. A 768 credit score. The addresses match. They told me the “issue resolution” team is gone for the day. I’ll have to call back tomorrow but they assure me there is no “issue”. Why the hell am I having to sit home this weekend because extreme terrain “managed their risk” by randomly screwing me? I have now got to call the “issue resolution team” when there is no “issue”

They supply you with deceptive delivery promises, they take your money and they suspend your order.

Bad business. Beware. I’ll never do business with them again.
Hey David, I saw you posted on our Facebook page as well and I commented back to you there. I also wanted to make sure you saw my response back so here it is below as well. Feel free to reach back out to me on either location!

Sorry to hear about the issues on your order David. I'm not sure as to why your order got caught in a manual review, but I can assure you it's something that is NOT done as a way to randomly screw people over. I talked to one of our supervisors and It seems like there was some miscommunication on who you were needed to talk to initially to get your order squared away. Your order has since been taken care of though and is on it's way out for delivery. I also went in and credited back your order 20% for the inconveniences you had to experience. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you! -Jake

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've always wanted to like them but I've never actually been able to order from them. Everytime I've tried the website says things are in stock, I order, get confirmation emails, then when I'm waiting for a tracking number I get the not in stock email. Every. Single. Time.

·
Registered
964 Posts
jesus ****ing Christ dude, first off if u needed something that close to your outing you shoulda already had it. second off shit happens never expect something to be delivered perfectly every time. ive never had a problem with them and same goes with a lot of venders on here. it always seems like the new people with 1 post just join the fourm to rant about 1 bad experience

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Hey David, I saw you posted on our Facebook page as well and I commented back to you there. I also wanted to make sure you saw my response back so here it is below as well. Feel free to reach back out to me on either location!

Sorry to hear about the issues on your order David. I'm not sure as to why your order got caught in a manual review, but I can assure you it's something that is done as a way to randomly screw people over. I talked to one of our supervisors and It seems like there was some miscommunication on who you were needed to talk to initially to get your order squared away. Your order has since been taken care of though and is on it's way out for delivery. I also went in and credited back your order 20% for the inconveniences you had to experience. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you! -Jake
Me thinks a word may be missing.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles man. I ordered a set of rock sliders and rear bumper from XT and had no issues whatsoever. Sometimes shit happens. Happy wheeling.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've ordered numerous items from XT and never had any problems. Just my experience. Also , all items were delivered on time and well packaged.

·
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
6,015 Posts
Me thinks a word may be missing.
Definitely was a word missing there :crash:

Sometimes my brain goes a little faster than my hands do.

-Jake

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’ll tack on here. I placed an order with them yesterday because they advertise free 2 day shipping. I’m out of town and Friday is the only day I can get packages. I got an email today asking for a physical address over PO Box so I gave it. They later told me I won’t get the item until Monday. What?? I asked them why didn’t they ask me yesterday for a physical address or why did their technology not flag my order and received no response. I then asked them to make it good by changing it to an overnight delivery but they refused because it will cost them too much. Are you kidding Jack?? I’ll be sure to spread this story to my local club and online and that will cost XT way more than the shipping. Thx for nothing and ask Dolores and Vicki about my case if you’d like. I asked for my order to be canceled.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts