Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a 2019 JLU Sport Altitude unfortunately the LED lights are not an option on the sport and the stock headlights on my JK really sucked so I replaced them with JW Speaker LED headlights which were awesome have the stock headlights improved at all on the JL's

·
Registered
110 Posts
My JLU Sport headlights seem fine compared to other vehicles I've owned. I've had a few cars over the years with poor headlights but no issue with the stock JLU Sport.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The headlights on my 2010 JK were terrible, so I replaced them with CIBIE lenses and more powerful bulbs. The headlights on my 2019 JL are great, but comparison and they're NOT the LEDs, just the basic headlights. Admittedly, the CIBIE setup on the JK was better, but the JL's basic lights aren't bad.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I rented a 2018 JL and the stock lights were terrible; dim and poor coverage. Don't know if anything has changed in 2019?

So I bought the LEDs on my 2019 and they are the best lights I have had on any vehicle.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Which ones, looking for recommendations
I'm in the same boat... looking for 1st hand recommendations.

I watched a great youtube video by Headlight Revolution, I think it was titled something like 7" LED headlight shootout. They reviewed a few dozen headlights showing lux and light pattern test results. They showed some JW Speaker and Morimoto lights that gave very nice results.

Would still like to hear from owners which brand/model they have and love.

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
55,145 Posts
I'm in the same boat... looking for 1st hand recommendations.

I watched a great youtube video by Headlight Revolution, I think it was titled something like 7" LED headlight shootout. They reviewed a few dozen headlights showing lux and light pattern test results. They showed some JW Speaker and Morimoto lights that gave very nice results.

Would still like to hear from owners which brand/model they have and love.
Welcome to the Forum.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I rented a 2018 JL and the stock lights were terrible; dim and poor coverage. Don't know if anything has changed in 2019?

So I bought the LEDs on my 2019 and they are the best lights I have had on any vehicle.
Do you mean you order the factory LED package for your 19? I'm currently possibly thinking of ordering and that's one option I want but can't get it on some models which is stupid so I'm just wondering if aftermarket would be the way to go or stick with the factory if it's good?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Interested in getting the exact LED type myself. Looking at this. Two things are making it tough. They need to have heaters for ice/snow (Canadian), and also do DRL (Daytime Running Lights).

W.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Interested in getting the exact LED type myself. Looking at this. Two things are making it tough. They need to have heaters for ice/snow (Canadian), and also do DRL (Daytime Running Lights).

W.
The JW SPeaker 8700 w/ Heated Lens will suffice for the ice/snow but don't have DRLs. They give good light and coverage. You could also check out DiodeDynamics Switchback Turn Signal LEDs which might meet your needs for a DRL.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You can buy the factory leds for an apple-style price :-D
Yes its a 995 option and it looks like you can buy em from mopar for that

·
Registered
368 Posts
The stock headlights are very good. Phenomenal compared to the JKs lights. The LEDs are really nice, but are way too bright for oncoming traffic. They are not needed, especially for their price tag IMO.

·
Registered
140 Posts
My '18 JLUR had the standard lights from the factory. They were slightly brighter than my old JK's, but I still had to run my fog lights at night, even in the city. I'm getting older, so probably just Father Time kicking in. I swapped my old JK headlights/fog lights out for JW Speakers and loved them, so I was planning on upgrading the JL to LED replacements at some point. I love the look of the factory LED's, but these weren't available when I was shopping around. A buddy of mine suggested LED replacement bulbs as an alternative. He bought his from Headlight Revolution and was very happy with them. I ended up giving them a shot and bought their V.4 Upgraded Headlight and Fog Light bulbs. Very happy with these bulbs, and easy to install. The headlights are brighter than the factory headlights and fog lights combined, not to mention a wider light path. The fog lights are SUPER bright. I'm constantly blinding the wildlife in our neighborhood at night. I can freeze a squirrel in his tracks at night from 100 FT away. Anyway, MUCH cheaper than replacement lights. Also, I have the MOPAR 2-inch lift, and I'm sitting on 37's. I adjusted my lights down, and I have not been flashed once by oncoming traffic. That being said, if I come across of reasonably-priced stock LED headlights, I may still swap them out because they look sweet on the JL's.

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
55,145 Posts
The JW SPeaker 8700 w/ Heated Lens will suffice for the ice/snow but don't have DRLs. They give good light and coverage. You could also check out DiodeDynamics Switchback Turn Signal LEDs which might meet your needs for a DRL.

Good Luck.
Welcome to the Forum.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I just ordered a 2019 JLU Sport Altitude unfortunately the LED lights are not an option on the sport and the stock headlights on my JK really sucked so I replaced them with JW Speaker LED headlights which were awesome have the stock headlights improved at all on the JL's
Dumb question here, but what's in the Altitude that makes it different?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dumb question here, but what's in the Altitude that makes it different?
Altitude Package:

Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc Heavy-Duty Brakes
Gloss Black Instrument Panel Bezels
Body-Color Grille
Wrangler Decal
Gloss Black Jeep Badge
Heavy-Duty Suspension with Gas Shocks
255/70R18 All-Season Tires
18-Inch x 7.5-Inch Gloss Black Alum Wheels
Black Interior Accents
Power Windows with Front One-Touch-Down Feature
Speed Sensitive Power Locks