Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason on the back of my mine a week after I've picked up this Hardrock I'm thinking I remember the wheel locks were supposed to come with the Hardrock package but maybe I'm having a brain turd this morning.
Would like to know before calling the dealer.

Did you get them along with your Hardrock?

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I believe wheel locks are a dealer added option. Some dealers add them, some don't.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is what I'm thinking but I've seen them before in a package in the brand new Hardrock addition straight off the hauler so hence the thought.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I have only seen them as one of the dealer added options

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
For some reason on the back of my mine a week after I've picked up this Hardrock I'm thinking I remember the wheel locks were supposed to come with the Hardrock package but maybe I'm having a brain turd this morning.
Would like to know before calling the dealer.

Did you get them along with your Hardrock?
No.
Yes.

:)

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
If its not on your window sticker, or your sales slip, I would say it doesn't come with the vehicle.

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
I believe wheel locks are a dealer added option. Some dealers add them, some don't.
+1

My dealer puts a wheel lock on the spare (and only the spare), on every single Wrangler as they come off the truck.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
+1

My dealer puts a wheel lock on the spare (and only the spare), on every single Wrangler as they come off the truck.
They should hook up a tazer to it, hmmm.....I got an idea :whacky:

·
Registered
179 Posts
No

My '16 HR (jk) didn't...went and bought these off ebay for a couple of bucks...great stress relief for those who worry....It keeps people honest Mopar # 82211405 IMG_1064.jpg You get 5 locks...

·
Registered
459 Posts
My HardRock (built 3 Feb 2016) came with them from the factory, but not installed- they were in the glovebox and the dealer put them on during PDI.

They were not listed on the build sheet.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Guys who are in it for wheels have every combination of lock available... you might stop an opportunist with your spare, but pros who want your wheels and tires already have the key...

I have a Hellcat and guys were losing their Brass Monkey wheels left and right... someone finally caught two perps in the act... they had a complete set of keys for about every manufacturer combination... they said all those in the "biz" had the same...

·
Registered
477 Posts
I just use a 5/8" chain through the wheel spokes then wrap it around the axle and secure it with a heavy duty padlock.

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
I just use a 5/8" chain through the wheel spokes then wrap it around the axle and secure it with a heavy duty padlock.
Didn't you post somewhere asking about a clucking sound when you drove? :D

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
Mine came with them at no charge, or should I say at a charge that was not broken down in my contract.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts