Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This oughta stir some controversy. So, non' ya'll go out there and shoot each other over this, now, ya' hear?

The Renegade Trailhawks are here; or at least, they're coming. Do we give them the Wave, or not?

We didn't to the Patriot or Liberty because they weren't real Jeeps. This one, however, may be different. Jeep Hqs is working real hard to convince everybody this offering has all the creds. So, do we snub and ignore them as being an unworthy imitator; or do we treat one as a new Baby Brother or Sister and offer our Salute of Honor?

What if we're not supposed to wave but they do; do we wave back?

What if they decide to create their own hand salute and wave at us with it? Do we wave back with the Wrangler Wave or respond with their Baby Jeep salute?

What if we wave but they don't; do we report them to our Wave Police?

What if they show up to a Wrangler rally or trail run but refuse to give our Wrangler Wave? Do we turn them away?

Such difficult questions in these trying times. All this has made my brain hurt. You ol' Wavers will have to take over from here.

Jerry

·
Registered
408 Posts
I saw one on the road yesterday and it looks like a Prius jeep! I'm not sure what anyone would buy it but that's just me. No waving.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Once I waved to a Jeep Liberty. :happyyes: It threw a rock at my front windshield instead of a wave. :atomic:

Moral of story... I only wave at wranglers.

-sass

·
Premium Member
5,669 Posts
Remains to be seen if they can "wrangle" or not on the trail, but I certainly endorse the idea of a smaller, lighter sub-compact off-roader. Would be a nice option, ala Samurai. Or CJ.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
For a while prior to their release, they were being billed as "Mini-Wranglers". I threw up in my mouth a little at that...My wife of course, being the girly-girl she is, was giddy at the thought of a mini-Wrangler. Then we saw one and thankfully that ended that in a hurry! But to answer the OP's original question; no, I only wave to Wranglers.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I'd only wave to Wranglers. But even then, only specific ones. They need to be either modified or unmodified, and then must be either a CJ, a YJ, or a JK, or an older model, or one that I am failing to mention. They also must have someone inside the Jeep or I won't wave to them at all, unless I feel like it, of course.

I'm very specific with who gets a wave.

:rofl:

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
I'd only wave to Wranglers. But even then, only specific ones. They need to be either modified or unmodified, and then must be either a CJ, a YJ, or a JK, or an older model, or one that I am failing to mention. They also must have someone inside the Jeep or I won't wave to them at all, unless I feel like it, of course.

I'm very specific with who gets a wave.

:rofl:
:funnypost::beerme::atomic::thumb:

So many wave rules, you are waaaaay too picky ;)

·
Registered
10,470 Posts
the new renegades are pretty nice. Its not meant compete with the jk, nor the Cherokee KL. It does have a very very nice interior, and priced affordable. Probably a good first vehicle for someone out of high school.
I only wave at jk's when in my jk.
In my KL latitude, i only wave to KL's and i do get a wave back.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I have a hard enough time getting waves from fellow Wrangler owners. I can't handle more disappointment.

Also, I once bought a "trail rated" Patriot :hide: because it was advertised as a little Wrangler... big :censored: mistake. I hope no one else falls for that. I couldn't get rid of it fast enough and took a $8K hit to ditch it 6 months later.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I get a lot of waves from wranglers, but I have not gotten a single wave from any other jeep product. I only wave to wranglers, they mostly seem keen on the wave thing.
But libertys, grand cherokees, cherokees, comanders are a dime a dozen around here and none of thos wave, which I assume will be the same case for the renegade....

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
Ya'll just bored or what?
I'm personally never bored. But while smashing ass with my toes in the sand I would like to say to all these mall crawling hardtop on, windows rolled up, driving down the beach in AC, non waving freaks, get the hell off MY BEACH. Can't believe what I have been seeing down here on Padre. We've been naked for eight days and have hardly seen one with top off let alone doors off.......

ForumRunner_20150518_151834.jpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
No initiated wave from me(I wave back to anyone though).
I wouldn't give them the finger, they just bought a ZF9 transmission, they'll have enough problems, no need to pile it on.

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
Just dont do anything. Most people buying JK's dont know a thing about the jeep community, so what makes you think someone buying an econobox would?

1 - 20 of 84 Posts