Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if many of you like the Islander model Wranglers that are produced today and also those of past model years. I've always been a water guy and we live on a lake and even have a room in our home that overlooks the water and it's done in the green and blue lake colors. Now I know the Islander model is more for the ocean look, but I still like it. I've always liked the theme Jeeps, Willys, Golden Eagle, etc. models, I'm not really into off roading that much as I keep my Wrangler stock from the factory and just cruising the streets with the top off. My main accessory is a hitch. Can I get on of these, yes I'm an old guy.

trainman

Registered
Daughter loves the '10 Islander we gave her last month as her 16 year old birthday present

Reactions: SilverbulletJKU1775

Registered
2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JK
I was always a fan. I picked this one up in Monroe, LA around 8 years ago for $14,500. It was a '10 and only had 37,000 miles on it. It had a brand new set of BFG tires and wheels on it, a Fabtech lift, and was in immaculate shape. It had never even been off-road. I seriously thought about transferring all of the goodies I had added onto my '07 and then building the Islander up. I'm a huge fan of black vehicles though, so that was the deciding factor. I sold the Islander a few months later for $22,000. They definitely stand out! Love that 2 door JL Islander above!

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are we talking about JL?

I think it looks okay.
View attachment 4514520

I much prefer some of the vintage-looking aftermarket graphics out there.
View attachment 4514521
View attachment 4514522
This is one of the best looking color combination's I've seen, it looks like Bikini Pearl with the beige soft top option and the the beige seat option would look great also. The aftermarket decals which represent the older Islander models are much more attractive then the factory hood decal and are available on eBay, I've already checked them out on eBay and there are both hood and and side vinyl transfers available in all colors and several different designs. All being said, I'm wanting to order a new 2022 and I will probably order the Sport model as I can get the Beige Soft Top option in that model, it is not offered in all models, plus the silver colored wheels just work better for me in an Islander theme model. I'm not big into off roading, but do like the 2dr Wrangler for just street cruising and riding with the top down, or off, I an older guy and still have to have my TOYS.

trainman

Registered
I was always a fan. I picked this one up in Monroe, LA around 8 years ago for $14,500. It was a '10 and only had 37,000 miles on it. It had a brand new set of BFG tires and wheels on it, a Fabtech lift, and was in immaculate shape. It had never even been off-road. I seriously thought about transferring all of the goodies I had added onto my '07 and then building the Islander up. I'm a huge fan of black vehicles though, so that was the deciding factor. I sold the Islander a few months later for $22,000. They definitely stand out! Love that 2 door JL Islander above!
That's a sweet ride for sure! I love the color and those shiny rims too! Yes I'm old too...lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts