Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Do you screw in your freedom panels or just do the other connections

• I always screw in the freedom Panel

Votes: 76 62.8%
  • Only when I feel like it

Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Never. I never use them.

Votes: 28 23.1%
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am curious as to whether people are actually screwing in their freedom panels, or are they not using them?

Scott

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Traditionally, I did not.

Seasonally though I am using the Sunrider top which utilizes them, so when I put the Freedom tops back on again, it was easier to put them back in again for storage.

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,882 Posts
I do. I live in a downtown with pavers everywhere. It helps reduce the amount of vibrational noise created in the roof.

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
I did before I added the sun screen mesh which has bungees going through the holes.

·
Grooving With A Pict
2,493 Posts
Probably in your center console.
No, I think they're in a box with some other take-off parts that I've accumulated. I never run in golf cart mode, so I don't need them. Have had my hardtop off and on a dozen times at least, and no issues with leakage or misaligment. I remember when the Jeep was new, and they were still installed, I had some leakage issues if I went through a high pressure wash. Just ran it through one this morning on the way to work and still no leakage issues. :)

·
Registered
932 Posts
I have typically not put mine back in since the first year I had it and never had an issue.

If you decide to use them, I will caution you the some have reported water leaks caused by overtightening those screws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
737 Posts
I keep them in, but loose - just tight enough to not rattle. Too tight causes leaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: king_kong

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I screw mine in.. It only takes a minute or so. But I rarely remove/replace my freedom panels.

I only take the panels and hard top off once a year (in the spring) in order to install my soft top, and then I don't put them back on until the late fall. Screwing them back in once a year in the fall is no big deal.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Only realized recently I didn't need them as I forgot to put them in...They are on now for the Winter months since I won't be using them, but come warmer weather I won't use them.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Always screw mine in.

·
Super Moderator
2,728 Posts
“Never. I never use them.”

As in “I never use the screws” or “I never use the freedom panel” ?

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Like other have posted. If mine are in and tighten down my panels leak if I run through the car wash. Remove them and no leaking.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Mine are the way God (ok, Jeep) made it. :D

·
Registered
229 Posts

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
I haven’t screwed them down in years on my wife’s jku but if I don’t screw them done on my jk I can hear them clunk on hard bumps so I keep them screwed down when I’m not removing them frequently.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts